Author Topic: Freeze dried barrel?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Freeze dried barrel?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »
George, that is COLD, but Ive been told the cryo is to go down to the temp (whatever it is) and hold it for a good long time, then slowly bring it back up over a good long time. Never been there so Im just going by what Paul explained to me.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Freeze dried barrel?
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »
Hey George;
  Heat or cold is a relative thing... much depending upon what one has grown accustomed to.  Back in1957 I was stationed for a time at Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio.  I had a friend who lived in Robert Lee and I used to travel home with him on some weekends.  I was accustomed by then to Ft Hood and Ft Sam temps..
  I can recall attending a ranch auction there one day when it was about 40 degrees..I had a light jacket and just about froze to death.  Later, accustomed to back home temps, working in 40 degree temps was just about "shirtsleeve" weather..   When working REAL hard, I have worked at single digits in a sweat shirt.
  Just a matter of growing accustomed to it.. but surely you guys can handle heat better than we northerners.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)