Author Topic: Remington 357 Maximum Brass Run  (Read 1020 times)

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Remington 357 Maximum Brass Run
« on: February 07, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »

As I recall it was about this time last year we started calling Remington so they would make another run of Maxi brass.  Well for the heck of it I just called them and there is no scheduled run for this quarter (order# 23202 is Maxi brass).  The CS rep didn't have any info on the rest of the year. 

Anyone have the phone number we used last time to hound them?  The CS rep suggested we use the generic email address with the order number in the subject line.

Thoughts?

Dan

Offline sluggo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Remington 357 Maximum Brass Run
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:31:05 AM »

Here's the listings below for Corporate HQ and Ammunition and Components Plant. I called 1-501-676-3161 (Ammunition & Components Plant)and got transferred to a "Norma Dunn" after I inquired on the next run of Index# RC357X/Order# 23202. Got a "I'm not in, but leave a message". So, I asked.....waiting on a return call......I won't hold my breath, but will post back if they do call back.

http://www.remington.com/pages/our-company/our-company/company-info.aspx
...there are many kinds of wounded, and only one kind of dead. Do it the Handi way, one shot, one kill.

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »
Have you tried contacting Jamison International aka Captech International for a run date on their .357 Maximum Brass?

http://www.captechintl.com/proddetail.php?prod=357MAX100pcs&cat=7

Bill

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »
Have you tried contacting Jamison International aka Captech International for a run date on their .357 Maximum Brass?

http://www.captechintl.com/proddetail.php?prod=357MAX100pcs&cat=7

Bill

Bill, Thanks for the link.  I thought they went out of business a few years ago.   Just got off the phone with them and 357 Maxi brass is currently in production.  It will be a month or two (or three) before the brass is available for sale. 

Out of curiosity I asked why they take so long to produce.  She told me some cases have up to 32 separate steps in production. :o  I had no idea forming brass was that complicated.  Hopefully the brass is good quality, it'd be nice to have an alternative to Remington. 

Dan

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 11:38:07 AM »
I've bought the Jamison brass, before they changed hands a few years ago. Was one of those times when there wasn't anything else available. Got it from Graf's and their price was a bit higher than the Remington (out of stock) at that time. Their quality then was fair, compared to Remington but when you ain't got nothing else to use...

So far, I haven't seen or heard of any bad product reports out of the new Jamison/Captech International group.

I'd like to see Starline get in the .357 Maximum business too.

Bill

Offline LedLobber

• Maker of Smokeless Smoke.
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »
Anyone have insider info on the Starline Brass? Their website says it is in Backorder Until they "Get enough orders to produce a Run". Wondering if anyone knows when that could possibly be?  :o
I like BIG Boolits.

Offline northkid

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »

As I recall it was about this time last year we started calling Remington so they would make another run of Maxi brass.  Well for the heck of it I just called them and there is no scheduled run for this quarter (order# 23202 is Maxi brass).  The CS rep didn't have any info on the rest of the year. 

Anyone have the phone number we used last time to hound them?  The CS rep suggested we use the generic email address with the order number in the subject line.

Thoughts?

Dan
Manufacturers are so far behind on production that I highly doubt the 357 max will be made any time soon. Their money making products will be on the machines for a long time.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
I got on the backorder list  with Starline for 360 DW in early December, they had some 30K plus in orders, said they would run when they hit 50K. There has to be a satiation point somewhere on ammo , paranoia can only take you so far.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.