Author Topic: Defeat or victory for supporters of gun rights???  (Read 640 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Defeat or victory for supporters of gun rights???
« on: March 04, 2004, 02:24:12 AM »
The Chicago Sun Times reports today:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-guns03.html

WASHINGTON -- Senate Republicans scuttled their election-year gun legislation Tuesday after Democrats succeeded in winning approval of amendments to extend an assault weapons ban and require background checks on all buyers at private gun shows.

The 90-8 vote against the bill handed Democrats and gun-control advocates an unexpected victory in the GOP-controlled Congress. It all but eliminated any chance for gun legislation this year.

This sounds like a terrible blow to gun rights. But in reality the only thing "lost" was that gun companies don't get immunity from jerks and communists like Mayor Daley who are suing them. We can trust the courts, for now, to know how unjust these law suits and the terrible precedent they will set if victorious.

The important issue is we get our Homeland (Assault) Weapons back! Yep starting in September the AWB sunsets and the Democrats are big time on the record now as wanting to take away our basic homeland defense capability. This does not resonate in places like Chicago where the people are charitably described as "big dummies" but this plays big in real America.

So come November the Democrats have just sprung a trap on themselves that will break their legs. In the meantime, come September, watch the return of our Homeland Defense Weapons, the price to drop on them, full capacity magazines to become available again. This "defeat" is great news.

Who do I credit for this? The NRA. I believe they knew fighting the immunity bill, AWB, and gun show checks in three separate battles was risky. This method we win two out of three and the one we lose is really not that important. When is the last time you heard gun manufacturer come out for gun rights anyway?

I say thank you NRA and I can't wait for September. In the words of President Bush: Bring them on!

Posted By John Birch, President, Concealed Carry, Inc.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline BamBams

Defeat or victory for supporters of gun rig
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 05:07:25 AM »
I think I'll adopt this person's perspective on the outcome as my own!  Yippie!  Prozac for the soul!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

Defeat or victory for supporters of gun rig
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 01:06:38 PM »
Quote from: BamBams
I think I'll adopt this person's perspective on the outcome as my own!  Yippie!  Prozac for the soul!
Do BamBams thus imply that he think John Birch see world through rose-colored glasses, ask Dali Llama? :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk