Author Topic: Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate Change  (Read 344 times)

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)
Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate Change
« on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
A billionaire retired investor is forging plans to spend as much as $100 million during the 2014 election, seeking to pressure federal and state officials to enact climate change measures through a hard-edge campaign of attack ads against governors and lawmakers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/us/politics/financier-plans-big-ad-campaign-on-environment.html?rref=us&_r=0

Offline sethk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Financier Plans Big Ad Campaign on Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »
I say go for it.
What I have: 30-06 Handi (2003), 12ga mod. bbl
What I want: .22lr offset (versa-pack) bbl, 357 Max bbl

"Enter into that darkness where neither the Law nor human reason gives its light, but only the dark word of faith."   - C.F.W. Walther

Read Jorge Luis Borges.

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:12:08 AM »
How does one get to be a billionaire thinking that you can change the climate by advertising?  How does one think you can change the climate?  I guess he's not the first rich guy to go senile.
Swingem

Offline spruce

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:25:09 AM »
Climate change is nothing but money change - from our pockets to theirs.

The climate has changed, both up and down, throughout history, long before man had any possible influence on it.  It's not like your house where you can set the thermostat at whatever temp you like and it will stay there.  It's going to change, always has, always will.

Some of us can remember back in the 60's and 70's when all the "experts" were predicting another ice age, then it was warming, now it's climate change.  I guess if your first prediction doesn't scare enough people you just keep changing the terminology.

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 02:01:07 AM »
Actually, the latest iteration is the acidification of the oceans.  There might actually be some validity to that label, but  as is the case with global warming, cooling, or anything else, it's one thing to identify a perceived problem and something else again to do anything about it.  Yes indeed, the profits of doom are hoping to profit from their proclamations of doom.
Swingem