Author Topic: Buying a PF9...Need your help  (Read 2276 times)

Offline tcencore3006

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Buying a PF9...Need your help
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:36:04 AM »
I had a week moment in the gun shop the other day and put a pf9 on layaway.  I am curious if any of you have used the keltec belt clips?  Or what types of holsters you might recommend for cc with this gun. Thanks.
Newest toy? Smith & Wesson 4006

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Buying a PF9...Need your help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:37 AM »
I have the belt clips on a P32 that my wife carries, and a P3AT that I carry frequently. I also have one on a P11 that I used to carry. As you might have guessed, I like them! I have a "Theis" IWB Holster for my PF9, looks like a Cross Breed. Good holster and an attractive price. About $65 in horsehide. If you are going to carry with the belt clip you need to get the parkerized or some sort of bake on finish to prevent rusting.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline joeinwv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »
I have a clip on my P3AT - however, you can't carry a DAO gun with no safety in condition 1 with a belt clip that exposes the trigger. When I use this clip I do not have a round chambered.
<funny>

Offline jager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
I use the holster called the "Slide" with mine.  It is made of leather and is adaptable for carry on either side, inside, or outside the belt (using the optional clip).  I just "toss" the clip and wear it on the belt.  The "small" one works for the PF9 and a large one works for the 1911.

Offline Dales66Ford

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »
I used a clip draw and it wasn't for me, I currently use a Kholster half moon IWB, like a crossbreed, but mine was less money.  Works great as EDC for me, YMMV
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H. L. Mencken

Offline uncledub

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Alabama, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »
I have a clip on my P3AT - however, you can't carry a DAO gun with no safety in condition 1 with a belt clip that exposes the trigger. When I use this clip I do not have a round chambered.

Sure you can.  A lot of folks do so without shooting themselves.  Many carry Kel Tecs in their pocket without a holster.  I don't recommend that method because the pistol will likely change its position.  A clip will keep it in the same position.  With any pocket carry, I would highly recommend nothing else in the pocket. Nothing but the weapon and its holster, or the pistol on the clip.  When drawing it, make sure to keep your finger out of the trigger guard.
I have carried a P3AT with the clip and did not particularly like it.  Now use a holster (and yes, it does cover the trigger).  Personally, I think my PF9 a bit too large to carry with the clip.
It boils down to individual preference.
Young guys should listen to Old guys, they know stuff.

NEF 45-70 w/ 20 ga 22" barrel
NEF Pardner Pump Protector

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:14 AM »

:o ;D
Well,------actually, there is no condition one with a double action firearm, as the gun in not cocked until the trigger is pulled. The very definition of "Double Action" is that two functions are performed with a trigger pull. Cocking the gun, and releasing the hammer/striker. Double actions are quite safe to carry chambered for anyone competent enough to carry a gun, in or out of a holster.
I find the PF9 a little large for my pockets. It would likely carry fine with the belt clip in the appendix position. I use an IWB when I carry mine.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
I carry my PF-9 in a Bulldog molded leather holster. Very comfortable and easy to conceal with a jacket or untucked shirt.

It can be worn on either side but I much  prefer a crossdraw. Very easy to draw from when seated.

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »
 I used a Kydex IMB holster by JS Holsters for my PF9.

Offline just-an-illusion

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 06:08:48 AM »
I carry mine in a Targus OWB that I originally bought for a Walter PPK. It was quite snug to begin with, but has loosened up nicely and fits very well. Comfortable too.

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
Make one yourself or buy one from Midway USA for twelve bucks.  Works well with just about any centerfire semiauto pistol.
;
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline flatlander

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »
Crossbreed seconds holster IWB tuckable. It was a little squeeky at first until the leather really got broke in, but is now quiet and comfortable. I can't recommend the holster enough.

Offline midmo

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »
I have a clip but have never actually attached it to the gun. I use a KHolster for my PF9 and my CW40, and they work great!

Offline bubbinator

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »
I don't have a Kel-Tec. I carry a 1911A1 with a Clip Draw, have for years. Pacmyer Presentation rubber grips add to the retnetion. That includes a BHP, Detonics Combat Master MkVI and a ParaOrdnance Warthog. The clip rip works for CCW if you dress for success. As a 42.5 yr LEO, got some tee shirts.

Offline brownitsdown

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
New Owner here too.I just bought an Uncle Mikes in the pocket holster size 3. Fits my jeans pockets really well.Easy and quick to draw from. $10-$11 bucks.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 01:59:22 PM »
I like that basic belt slide project. Forget what Texas Ranger once said "the best holster is the least holster".
That said, I dont like 'em falling on floor either so the truth must be somewhere in between.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 05:18:06 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!