Author Topic: H&R barrel prices.....  (Read 1540 times)

Offline hunter63

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R barrel prices.....
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
Been watching some auctions on eBay for different barrels for th3e H&R/NEF Handi Rifle.
Now there have been some calibers, that are not available in the add on program....like .35 Rem that have been going for some pretty high prices.....I can see that, hard to get.
But even those that are available like the .444 Marlin, that is available from H&R:
 444 Marlin 22”Scope Rail......F444..........$104.03
But are getting nuts prices....plus shipping?......I don't under stand....unless it's because you can't just "buy" one for H&R 1871?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XH%26R+barrel+444+marlin&_nkw=H%26R+barrel+444+marlin&_sacat=0&_from=R40
If all else fails, I can always shoot supper.

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
Re: H&R barrel prices.....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
Two factors likely driving available caliber high prices.

1) It's Ebay. People get carried away on auction sites in bidding wars. Same on GB.

2) Barrel accessory program requires you to send in receiver and have new barrel fit. Add like $60 to barrel price after shipping and fitting.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline Jeff H

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »
It's amazing,...  or was until it got so commonplace as to become boring.  It's been marveled at here many times and no one has really solved it.

When I have Handi stuff to move, I come here first because others offer their stuff up here even though they probably could get more elsewhere.  Maybe not the wisest business decision but it's not a business for me and keeps it in the family, so to speak.

Not that I'd admit to being related to anyone here,.... or that they'd want me to. ;)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »
Some of those barrels are selling for the price of complete rifles or shotguns. Explain that one.... ::)

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »
Some of those barrels are selling for the price of complete rifles or shotguns. Explain that one.... ::)

Thanks, Dinny

TAX SEASON!!!!!

when most people have money they find a need to blow it on an impulse buy. i'm one to talk tho new harley new ATV and two new guns......i need to go to a group or something.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline jsm88011

• GBO Supporter
H&R barrel prices.....
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »
Been watching the same phenomena.  Why pay more for a used barrel (unless it is out of production) than you would for a new one in the  accessory program?  Beats me.  Part of the same dynamic that keeps .22 artificially scarce, I'm guessing. 

Offline hunter63

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
So I guess it's just not me seeing that...LOL
Thanks Guys.....

Offline sethk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »
What I have: 30-06 Handi (2003), 12ga mod. bbl
What I want: .22lr offset (versa-pack) bbl, 357 Max bbl

"Enter into that darkness where neither the Law nor human reason gives its light, but only the dark word of faith."   - C.F.W. Walther

Read Jorge Luis Borges.

Offline hunter63

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 04:20:15 AM »
Wow, I guess that the way of life these days.

Offline nanuk-O-dah-Nort

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 06:17:58 AM »
too bad EbayCanada won't let us sell barrels

I'd finance some new guns that way

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 06:49:55 AM »
sethk, that last ebay listing is a winner.  .308 barrel for Handi or Pardner.  Those folks are gonna kill or maim someone.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 08:58:43 AM »
sethk, that last ebay listing is a winner.  .308 barrel for Handi or Pardner.  Those folks are gonna kill or maim someone.

Pete

your right pete !!!

ya know, there should have been from the beginning a way to tell the difference between the receivers from the outside frame...... and should have been passed down throughout the buy-outs and new owners.
Remington should absolutely know of the liabilities that can take place from folks with no-clue !!!

I see it all the time, pawn shops here in my area here in the deep south and south east territory.
I take my laptop and show the owners of the shops the FAQ's from this site and it kinda puts a shock to there faces when a .270 barrel has been placed tightly on a case-hardened pardner sb-1 receiver that they gave
good money for in pawn for a potential death trap.

I have not had the invitation to investigate a mishap like that, but i'm sure its going to happen some day.
and when it does..... you guys here will be 2nd informed.

one day............it will happen :o

cc. Madison
for paw-paw 8)

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 10:29:56 AM »
I don't understand why they don't just stamp the frame SB1 or SB2. Sure would make life simpler.

Spanky

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 10:24:10 PM »
I don't understand why they don't just stamp the frame SB1 or SB2. Sure would make life simpler.

Spanky

Man wouldn't it.  :(
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member