Author Topic: Question for you?????  (Read 822 times)

Offline U.K.Neil

• Trade Count: (0)
Question for you?????
« on: February 26, 2004, 11:18:28 AM »
When I was in the States a couple of months ago I was looking to buy another crossbow and put it in my luggage to come back to the U.K.  The Guy in the shop (Outdoor World) told me that they are classed as firearms and no airline would carry it for me.  Now I have in the past bought almost everything except complete firearms back in my luggage with no problems.

Was this Guy B.S'ing me or was he being an A$$hole.

I didn't bother checking with the carrier I was on as it was the day before departure.

Any Guy out there Know the definitive answer to this.
Keep Smiling.

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Question for you?????
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 12:02:27 PM »
I pulled the cylender out of a 38 pistol,and tossed it out the window of my truck.At a cop stop,the   cops found the pistol,but could not charge me,with no CCP.The pistol was incomplete,no longer a hand gun.

Offline Dali Llama

Question for you?????
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 12:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Red Neck64
I pulled the cylender out of a 38 pistol,and tossed it out the window of my truck.At a cop stop,the   cops found the pistol,but could not charge me,with no CCP.The pistol was incomplete,no longer a hand gun.
Dali Llama say he hope Red Neck64 able to recover discarded cylinder later?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline dodgecity

Question for you?????
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 03:46:08 PM »
MY first reaction is that a crossbow is most definitely not a firearm. It may be classed as a weapon, but by definition, certainly not a firearm. Secondly, if it is going to be included in the luggage, as opposed to a "carry-on", why would an airline even care? Don't airlines still regularly allow even firearms if they are unloaded and checked with the baggage?

Offline Dali Llama

Question for you?????
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 03:56:16 PM »
Quote from: dodgecity
MY first reaction is that a crossbow is most definitely not a firearm. It may be classed as a weapon, but by definition, certainly not a firearm. Secondly, if it is going to be included in the luggage, as opposed to a "carry-on", why would an airline even care? Don't airlines still regularly allow even firearms if they are unloaded and checked with the baggage?
Dali Llama say he not think wooden crossbow not show up on metal detector anyway.  Dali say sometime it better to ask forgiveness than permission. :lol:

Offline jh45gun

Question for you?????
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 08:03:37 PM »
Hard to say what the rules are after 911?? I am sure they are more strict.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Question for you?????
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 01:35:09 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Hard to say what the rules are after 911?? I am sure they are more strict.
Yes, as Dodge advertisement of past used to say, the rules have changed... :(  :(  :(