Author Topic: Crimson Trace Free Battery program is BS of the first order  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Crimson Trace Free Battery program is BS of the first order
« on: November 20, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
OK guys, I know for almost forever I've shouted the praises of Crimson Trace products. Heck they even were an advertiser here in the early days.

Well you will no longer hear anything good from me about the company. Someone new has bought them out. I didn't understand who it was as I had never heard of the outfit.

I called today to get my free batteries for this year for all of my CTC laser products and that's a bunch of them. Used to be you called a toll free number and they had records of all the products you've registered. No longer.

Now you are expected to go to their website and fill out a long form for each and every CTC product you want free batteries for. It wants all sorts of information I gave them years ago when I bought the lasers and no long even know. My oldest one goes back to before the turn of the century I think and the latest just a couple of months ago.

As much as I love their product I will NEVER EVER buy another. Why, cuz they flat aren't being honest about their free batteries anymore. I'll pay for the batteries when needed from now on for those I have. I'm not gonna fill out there long and ridiculous form for each and every one of the many lasers I own and hope batteries follow along later. They should just admit the new owners don't plan to honor the pledge any longer.

So if you were thinking of buying a laser product I'd suggesting choosing a different brand and if you think you are gonna get free batteries for it for life think again.

Here is the info they expect you to fill out again each year for every laser you own:

Contact Information First Name*  Last Name*

Email*

Phone*

Sign up for the newsletter and promotional emailsI Agree to the Crimson Trace Privacy Policy*

Shipping Information

Street Address*

City*

State*

Zip/Postal Code*

Product InformationCrimson

Trace Product/Model*

Serial Number*

Battery Type*Purchase Date*

Purchased From*

I Agree to the Crimson Trace Free Batteries for Life Policy (shown above)*
Verify Submission

Captcha*

Captcha image

My personal opinion of their "free batteries for life" guarantee at this point is it's a fraud. Yeah I am entitled to an opinion, not stating it as fact but as my opinion of it based on what is expected from you to try to get them.

At this late date I couldn't provide a purchase date for any of them other than maybe the last one. I don't recall from what store I got them and the silly things have no serial number on them.

It is there for impossible to comply with their terms to get free batteries.

It's a shame to see a once great company fall by the wayside like they seem to have. I saw a TV episode where they went to the factory an interviewed one of the company founders. He was bragging on how they still service and repair even the very oldest lasers from the very first ones they made. I called shortly after to try to get them to service/repair one I had that is several years old and they refused, saying they no longer work on them. But they offered to take it back and sell me another at a big discount.

Ya know what the big discount was? It was $40 more than I ordered the exact same laser grip from Midway at. Yeah their discount was $40 more than I can buy it retail for.

I'll never own another CTC product and strongly suggest you don't either. Yeah it's a free country for awhile long at least so do as you think best. Me, I'm done with them and will never again have anything good to say about the company I have so highly praised in times past.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!