Author Topic: An interesting WWII read.  (Read 562 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
An interesting WWII read.
« on: December 15, 2019, 05:13:07 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/science/the-battle-of-the-bulge-german-deception-advanced-weapons 

Most folks here already know all this. But it does give credit to the STG44, and some other advanced
German small arms. But like the article says,they were already to little to late to do any good.
When disassebling an STG, you would see that it was basically an early concept of what an H&K 
later became. Especially the H&K 93, more so than any AK.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: An interesting WWII read.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 05:34:58 AM »
I own a 93, and I had a retired ATF buddy who owned an original STG44. And I watched him clean it.
He had a problem finding good spare magazines, so he checked out the ones for my 93 wondering they
could be modified to work. Side by side they looked identical my 93 mags were 30 round.
But that's where the similarities stopped, and besides the 93 mags were becomeing hard to find also.

We finally found a man in Finland who had some of the original mags, but no rifle. But he sold six
of them to my friend for $50.00 apiece, a real bargain for those. He let me fire it once, I found it
to be a little bit hard to control the muzzle climb if you weren't expecting it. About like shooting
a Thompson M1 Tommy Gun  for the first time.

Offline goodshot

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: An interesting WWII read.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 02:24:25 AM »
 Worked with a man who had been a Thompson gunner, he said you aimed low and left as it would rise to the right as it was fired.