Author Topic: Grandson shot again yesterday  (Read 890 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Grandson shot again yesterday
« on: July 16, 2020, 03:08:49 AM »
Yesterday afternoon late I was sitting in the living room watching TV when I saw my grandson Wyatt walking down here to talk to us. So I muted the TV and he came in to ask if he could shoot.

He had previously asked me if his mom brought some ammo home from the gun shop and shooting range where she works if he could use my guns to shoot on my back yard shooting range. I told him of course.

So he allowed as how she didn't bring any ammo home but he wanted to shoot anyway. He's 12 now but will become a teenager next month.

So we went thru a game of 20 questions or more with him wanting to know what I had the most ammo for, easy .22Lr  but that really wasn't what he wanted to shoot. so he wanted to know what I had the next most ammo for: likely .223 or 9mm he was told.

He wanted to know what I had enough to spare to let him shoot. I explained I was running really low on ammo and was likely down to my last 50,000 to 60,000 rounds or so and feeling the need to buy or make more. That got an eye roll and head shake as he doesn't think that's low on ammo.

At any rate with his mom's help to tote it all from my house up to the shooting range he left with one of my home defense ARs, a S&W M&P 9mm I've had for 4-5 years but had never gotten around to shooting and a Walther .45acp. He took all the ammo they could carry also.

He shot until about dark and came back a whole lot lighter on ammo than when he left. He did a decent job of picking up the brass cases but was a few short of all. They left the aluminum cases on the range as I do also.

They were hot and tired but he seemed a happy camper after making so much noise and shooting up so much ammo.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Grandson shot again yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 11:09:00 PM »
sounds like my grandkids. If there given a choice of what guns to take theres allways an ar15 in the mix. I guess I see why. there just fun to shoot. Probably my choice for just blasting at the range to put a smile on a guys face. What you need Bill is an ar15 in 9mm. Ive got two. A free cast bullet 4 grains of powder and a primer. As cheap to shoot as a 22. Even a 300 bo that does much better with cast then a 556 and uses less powder makes for cheap shooting.
blue lives matter

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 02:03:49 AM »
It's prolly been close to 20 years since I cast any bullets Lloyd. I still have all of the equipment and a large supply of bullet metal to cast but just don't seem to do it anymore.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »
Bill it is called getting older and running out of steam, like the old song I just get up and it is time to go to bed. I am the same way I think about a project that needs doing then I think about putting it off till another day and another. Most of us are at or near that point now.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.