Author Topic: Protect your children and grandchildren...  (Read 759 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Protect your children and grandchildren...
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:32:45 AM »
How can you protect them?  One way is to prevent them from being taught outright lies !  Many public schools are being taught a curriculum which is a complete fabrication !

This history curriculum, called "The 1619 Project" is a complete fabrication, which will present a complete fabrication of American history !

Since it is what many of them WANT to hear, many urban school districts have adopted it as their history course, K-12 !  This distortion of honest history will only teach youngsters to HATE AMERICA, so please check what your offspring are studying.
   If you can't set the school board straight, at least prevent your own from studying a pack of lies !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfy89mRW1SQ

https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/the-1619-projects-outrageous-lying-slander-of-abe-lincoln/

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Re: Protect your children and grandchildren...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 01:05:19 AM »
Thank you for that article from the NY Post.
Y’know, I was going to ask my usual question “how do you know that?” concerning your comment that many schools have adopted 1619 Project Materials as part of their curricula. A little research on my part showed there was no need to question the accuracy of your comment. It is, unfortunately for objective education, true. Sad. And dangerous.

Pete

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 02:30:38 AM »
Well, it was difficult to read for some reason on my phone due to advertising, however what little I read about Lincoln was true.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 03:10:58 AM »
  Here's the author, a complete racist...  Her lessons start out with "WHAT IF it was like this?"  Well, children will believe whatever comes next...and racist tinged teachers won't be setting them straight.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lionsgate-oprah-winfrey-team-pulitzer-160050896.html

https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/scholars-are-eviscerating-the-new-york-times-1619-project/
    12 years of K-12 false, lying American history !  Pulitzer and the NY Slimes are colluding together on this "big lie" project !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 06:15:05 AM »
Like I said. Everything she wrote about abraham Lincoln is true. No lying there, but I don't expect anything not racist from oprah Winfrey.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 07:46:54 AM »
Well, it was difficult to read for some reason on my phone due to advertising, however what little I read about Lincoln was true.

Dee, Lincoln was a avid reader of Carl Marx.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 05:16:09 AM »
If you want to get the real history concerning Lincoln,read (The Real Lincoln) by Thomas D. Lorenzo.

Thomas D Lorenzo spent a large portion of his adult life researching Lincoln. Things we never learned from Government controlled public school.
Most Americans consider Abraham Lincoln to be the greatest president in history. His legend as the Great Emancipator has grown to mythic proportions as hundreds of books, a national holiday, and a monument in Washington, D.C., extol his heroism and martyrdom. But what if most everything you knew about Lincoln were false? What if, instead of an American hero who sought to free the slaves, Lincoln were in fact a calculating politician who waged the bloodiest war in american history in order to build an empire that rivaled Great Britain's?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
If you want to get the real history concerning Lincoln,read (The Real Lincoln) by Thomas D. Lorenzo.

Thomas D Lorenzo spent a large portion of his adult life researching Lincoln. Things we never learned from Government controlled public school.
Most Americans consider Abraham Lincoln to be the greatest president in history. His legend as the Great Emancipator has grown to mythic proportions as hundreds of books, a national holiday, and a monument in Washington, D.C., extol his heroism and martyrdom. But what if most everything you knew about Lincoln were false? What if, instead of an American hero who sought to free the slaves, Lincoln were in fact a calculating politician who waged the bloodiest war in american history in order to build an empire that rivaled Great Britain's?

They started education on Lincoln in the third grade down here. He's no hero at my house.

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 11:28:31 PM »
A couple of things:
1- there is no compelling reason to believe Thomas Lorenzo other than that you want to. The idea that his research about Lincoln was missed or suppressed by every other Lincoln scholar since the 1860s is the wet dream of conspiracy theorists. It is simply ludicrous.
2- government controlled education.....I am never sure about what people mean when they use that expression. The USA does not have a Standard government prescribed curriculum as found in other countries. The most basic control of education on the federal level is the control of purse strings. There is little to no control of curricula; that occurs at the state and local level. The most intrusive that the Feds have been was instituting the “no child left behind” program of the Bush administration. The current education administration spends a lot of time cutting funding in various areas of public education and redirecting to private and religious schools. The danger there is that the now independent private/religious schools will become dependent on public money and loose their autonomy.

Control of content and evaluation is done at the state level and is different for every state. Some states have chosen to adopt what is called the Common Core.....a set of goals and standards....no statement on what is to  be taught or how. Common Core standards have been much vilified and some of the states that bought into the idea have dropped it.
In general, content/curricula is decided on the state level. Some states will mandate the texts to be used, others do not, leaving that decision to the local level, often to the faculty in the school (depending on budget). The methodology of instruction is left, in most cases, to the teacher.
So...government control?

Offline ironglows

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 12:07:09 AM »
Around here, the schools are not operating, and if they do start, it will be on a part time basis.  I expect something like 2 days on, 3 off along with the weekend.

Still, there is no indication that they will spend less!  In NY State, it appears government run agencies have no impetus to save where possible. 
  In the immediate area, i know of at least 4 area centralized schools which are putting down large pavements over areas where the existing pavement was actually first class condition.
  Schools that are not paving, are constructing new buildings...for schools that have not added to total school enrollment over the last 20 years !
  It seems that if we can nearly all, learn to live more efficiently, that schools and other government sponsored entities could do the same.

Abraham Lincoln:  IMO, not nearly the angel pictured by some, and not nearly the devil proffered by others!
  Yes, being a flawed man (like the rest of us), the civil war started at Charleston, because the northern industrialists wanted the all the cotton to go through the north, and Charleston was the point where cotton was being shipped from ..to GB and Europe.
      Lincoln did work diligently to preserve the union, which was vitally important toward our existence today.

Considering his humble beginnings, he had to be a very intelligent and remarkable man to have risen beyond Little Pigeon Creek !  Talk describing him as either angel or devil, are far out of line with facts !

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 02:56:19 PM »
As for Lincoln studying Carl Marx it is doubtful that Lincoln had ever even heard of Carl Marx.
Marx's publication of "Capital" was not published until 1867 in Europe.
His "Communist Manifesto" was not published in English until 1870.

Lincoln was assassinated in 1865.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 11:31:21 PM »
As for Lincoln studying Carl Marx it is doubtful that Lincoln had ever even heard of Carl Marx.
Marx's publication of "Capital" was not published until 1867 in Europe.
His "Communist Manifesto" was not published in English until 1870.

Lincoln was assassinated in 1865.

Same thought came to me, Dee.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 11:53:02 PM »
Lincoln did work diligently to preserve the union, which was vitally important toward our existence today.
  Be he good or bad that is an indisputable fact. Without him keeping this country as one power we wouldn't be free americans today. No way either side alone could stand up to Russia or China.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglows

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 01:13:29 AM »
  Be he good or bad that is an indisputable fact. Without him keeping this country as one power we wouldn't be free americans today. No way either side alone could stand up to Russia or China.

Agreed Lloyd.. Preserving the union was likely, foremost in his mind! Hey fellows, check out this excerpt from Lincoln's letter to Horace Greely;

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."

Read the whole letter if you wish; http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm#:~:text=I%20would%20save%20the%20Union.&text=If%20I%20could%20save%20the,I%20would%20also%20do%20that.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 02:28:08 AM »
Quote from: ironglows link=topic=2854

[color=brown
"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."[/color]

Read the whole letter if you wish; http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm#:~:text=I%20would%20save%20the%20Union.&text=If%20I%20could%20save%20the,I%20would%20also%20do%20that.

Well, so much for argument that the war was about slavery. Because it wasn't.

Lincolns' slavery issue of 1863 was the BLM of today.

Lincoln was more about Northern Lobbiest wanting him to double down  on the "Morrill Act" (which Lincoln had promised to do) and get southern cotton cheaper than "market value".

Had the greedy industrialized north, aided by Lincoln not tried this underhanded thievery, through Lincoln's abuse of presidential power, there would have never been a problem, or a secession, or a civil war to start with.

Since 1865, the Democrats and Republicans have switched roles.

The Democrats of today, are about what the Republicans were about in the 1840s, 50s, and 60s.