Author Topic: Trusted Auction sites  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Illgotten

• Trade Count: (0)
Trusted Auction sites
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:46:42 AM »
Some of you know that  I am having a hard time getting a hold of a new Ultra .223 with bull barrel, and you metioned gunbrokers.  I found a couple there but they are around $250 plus $25 shipping.  I am getting one from a dealer for $230 has any one seen one for this price and if you have where?

Illgotten

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Trusted Auction sites
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 07:04:52 PM »
Nope,
That's about as good as it's gonna get I think.  I'd go wit the $230 if it was me.  I paid $235 for mine and I think that was very fair.  Lotta guys on Gunbroker want too much.  Best to find a used one in good shape if you want a real deal.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline raynor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Trusted Auction sites
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 12:14:29 AM »
With Gunbroker or any other auction site, there is a fee for selling an item. Most people that list an item with them have a $25.00 shipping cost to cover Gunbrokers fee and shipping. ~~ SV

Offline Illgotten

• Trade Count: (0)
Trusted Auction sites
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 01:41:06 AM »
Well my dealer called every distributer he as ever delt with and not one of them had an ultra and they couldn't tell him when they were goigng to get anymore and it sounded like they had a pretty big waiting list.  So i bid on one i would rather spend $25 more and have my rifle in a week or so then wait a couple of months.  Thanks for the replies.

Illgotten

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Trusted Auction sites
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 04:28:43 AM »
Illgotten
One thing to look at before you buy.  make sure the photos are of the ACTUAL gun you're gonna get.  I got mine through a dealer but the forend and buttstock do no match.  H&R is looking for a match for me but it's kinda frustrating.  The colors are WAY off on mine, the buttstock is dark brown laminated and the forend is blonde.  Gonna get a forend like the buttstock ( I hope).

Good luck on yours.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Trusted Auction sites
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 10:59:13 AM »
It is difficult if not inposible to get a good deal on a new gun from an on-line auction site due to the site's fees, shipping cost, transfer fees, sales tax, etc.  Sometimes you can get lucky on a used gun.  I picked up a Handi in .280 Rem. off of Gunbroker.com for $175.08 total after paying
shipping, transfer fees & sales tax.  But I had to look long & hard to find it and it was not my first choice of calibers, though now I'm kind of glad it is a .280 Rem.

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC