Author Topic: chronographs  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
chronographs
« on: May 25, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
ive had a hate relationship with them for 30 years. First two were cheap chronys that never gave consistent readings when they did read. Thought id be smart and buy a good one. couldnt afford a ohler so i bought a pact. It cost 200 bucks probably 15 years ago. It was a total pos too. I dont think it was a bit better then the chronys. I about gave up on it and it sat and collected dust for years. Needed to set up some Léupold cds scopes so needed to know velocity's. My buddy has an ohler but lives 50 miles from here and it would have been a pain to run to use his so i figured id roll the dice and try another brand. Same buddy also had a rcbs bullet and said it worked great but for some reason rcbs quit making them. So i bought a competition electronics unit for a 140 bucks. Ive been using it for two days and have shot more then 5o shots over it and it hasnt missed a beat. Kind of cool too that it has blue tooth so i can sit my laptop on the bench and use it to read and control it. Im a flip phone guy so im far from computer savoy so i had to have my wife set it up but it does work great.
blue lives matter

Offline neckisred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: chronographs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 04:22:47 AM »
I've never much felt the need for a chrono, but I admit its the lack of electronic confidence that has stopped me from getting one. Keep telling myself maybe when I retire and have more time. But then I hear all you retired guys talking about how busy you are  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 08:49:41 AM »
theres always time for some shooting a couple times a week, Im building a house and told the son in law thats helping that he was on his own this morning. Spent 3 hours at the range.
I've never much felt the need for a chrono, but I admit its the lack of electronic confidence that has stopped me from getting one. Keep telling myself maybe when I retire and have more time. But then I hear all you retired guys talking about how busy you are  ;D ;D ;D ;D
blue lives matter

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 02:27:54 PM »
theres always time for some shooting a couple times a week, Im building a house and told the son in law thats helping that he was on his own this morning. Spent 3 hours at the range.

Read your posts on the 8x57 and the 300 Hammr. Sounds like you had a heck of a day today. My only question is was the son in law more or less productive with you gone?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 11:13:31 PM »
hes a good guy. Works his but off for me. Does stuff thats tough for me like shovling the roof ect. Hes a sharp cookie. he can build about anything and is a diesel mechanic by trade and has access after hours to a real nice shop. So he does all my auto repairs for the cost of parts. That said i take care of him whenever he needs something. Matter of fact he divorced my daughter about 10 years ago. She got into drugs and went from a hard working girl to a lazy welfare trashs druggy. Hes more like a son to me then she is a daughter. His dad died when he was a toddler and he considers me more of a dad then a friend.

Read your posts on the 8x57 and the 300 Hammr. Sounds like you had a heck of a day today. My only question is was the son in law more or less productive with you gone?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
blue lives matter

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 11:52:03 PM »
He sounds like a great guy Lloyd. Good for both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ironglows

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 01:38:14 AM »
   Sounds somewhat like my grandson's job.  He has to spend his days testing various weapons systems, shooting things up or blowing them away.
  Then with that information, he either improves existing systems or designs new ones.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »
I don't remember the last time I used
the one I have. I should probably
drag it out and see if it still works
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .