Author Topic: Does anyone disagree with this article?  (Read 416 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Does anyone disagree with this article?
« on: October 21, 2020, 12:53:16 AM »
  I sure don't disagree, so if you do...prove me wrong..

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/10/city-killing-america-daniel-greenfield/
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Does anyone disagree with this article?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 02:25:52 AM »
I disagree...only because I don't want any more of these city dwellers to move out to the country with me. We already have enough. There are city people from Mass, NY, NJ, CT, RI and Pennsylvania who own summer homes in my area and they're all staying in their summer homes right now. There's a ski resort town near me whose school enrollment tripled because all these city people are living in their ski condos for Covid. The school system is overwhelmed so I disagree. Cities are great and all people who live in cities should stay there.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 03:47:36 AM »
Some truth, and a lot of hypotheses.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 04:30:23 AM »
Nature limits the populations of animals, it has many ways to do that. But we humans have figured out ways to allow us to expand our population far far beyond the natural carrying capacity of the land.

We are now so grossly over populated that unnatural things are happening. We see them on the news daily. Cities are one way to expand human populations far, far beyond the normal carrying capacity of the land.

But no matter how smart we are in the end nature will win. Human populations will crash and a more natural balance will eventually be restored.

I hate cities and try my best to avoid the big ones. That's not as difficult for me here in Alabama as it is for some of you. Even our largest city here is rather small compared to what the more populous states consider middle size.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 04:52:36 AM »
Nature limits the populations of animals, it has many ways to do that. But we humans have figured out ways to allow us to expand our population far far beyond the natural carrying capacity of the land.

We are now so grossly over populated that unnatural things are happening. We see them on the news daily. Cities are one way to expand human populations far, far beyond the normal carrying capacity of the land.

But no matter how smart we are in the end nature will win. Human populations will crash and a more natural balance will eventually be restored.

I hate cities and try my best to avoid the big ones. That's not as difficult for me here in Alabama as it is for some of you. Even our largest city here is rather small compared to what the more populous states consider middle size.

I agree.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 06:17:29 AM »

I feel the same way, I hate cities and visit them only when necessary. I'm fortunate in that New Hampshire's largest city Manchester only has a population of 110,000 people which is tiny compared to the biggest cities in other states.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 04:38:59 PM »
I disagree...only because I don't want any more of these city dwellers to move out to the country with me. We already have enough. There are city people from Mass, NY, NJ, CT, RI and Pennsylvania who own summer homes in my area and they're all staying in their summer homes right now. There's a ski resort town near me whose school enrollment tripled because all these city people are living in their ski condos for Covid. The school system is overwhelmed so I disagree. Cities are great and all people who live in cities should stay there.

I guess I should have clarified a bit...  I agree that cities are a mess...but if the author is suggesting that the city dudes be transported to despoil the country, .....that I don't like.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..