Author Topic: Alabama man dies after falling from tree stand in 'heartbreaking' hunting accide  (Read 398 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-man-dies-hunting-accident-police-say

By Greg Norman | Fox News

An Alabama man died this week in what police are calling a "heartbreaking" hunting accident.

The body of the 52-year-old – who has not been identified – was found Tuesday in a wooded area just outside of Birmingham, Sgt. Joni Money of the Jefferson County Sherriff’s Office told The Birmingham News. He is believed to have fallen from his hunting tree stand.

"This man was doing everything right when it comes to hunting safety," Money told the newspaper, adding that "a heartbreaking accident took his life."

An Alabama man was found dead after apparently falling from a tree stand, like the one shown above. (iStock)

Investigators were called to the scene after family members stumbled upon the man’s body, Money also said.

The family went in search of the man after he left to go hunting earlier in the day and never returned home, according to The Birmingham News.

No foul play is suspected in the death.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
A near fall from such a homemade stand, one I had uses dozens of times, was my last time to use a tree stand. It was the moment I realized I no longer had any business above ground level.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
A near fall from such a homemade stand, one I had uses dozens of times, was my last time to use a tree stand. It was the moment I realize I no longer had any business above ground level.

Me either, the high winds blew me off a 20ft ladder while I was trying to nail down some tin on a barn.
Put me in a wheel chair and crutches for over a month. Thank goodness I wasn't all the way to the top.

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
  Tragic, but no real surprise.  From my years teaching hunter safety..the #1 cause of death for hunters is not gun shot, but falling from tree stands.
  There is good reason why hunter safety classes strongly suggest using a safety belt and line, when using a tree stand.
  https://www.iowadnr.gov/hunting/hunter-education/bow-hunter-education/tree-stand-safety
  ...Not saying I always used one in the past...but that's the facts.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..