Author Topic: Ram trash talks Ford on Twitter ahead of new F-150 Raptor launch  (Read 224 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Ram trash talks Ford on Twitter ahead of new F-150 Raptor launch
« on: February 02, 2021, 11:22:48 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ram-trash-talks-ford-twitter-f-150-raptor

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

The truck wars have taken to Twitter.

Ford is preparing to unveil the latest version of its F-150 Raptor high performance off-road pickup on Wednesday, but rival Ram isn’t having it.

(Ram/Ford)

The Raptor was originally launched in 2010 and didn’t get any direct competition until the Ram 1500 TRX debuted for 2021 with the most-powerful engine ever offered in a production pickup. The 702 hp supercharged V8 dwarfing the most recent Raptor’s 450 hp turbocharged V6.

Ram made this point in a response to Ford’s post announcing the Raptor’s upcoming reveal that said "POP THE HOOD".

Popping the TRX's hood and lifting the engine cover reveals an imate of a T. rex with a raptor in its mouth. (Fox News Autos)

Ford hasn’t indicated what kind of engine the new Raptor will feature, so it’s yet to be seen if it’s even looking to compete with the TRX on that front. The TRX offers similar ride and handling capability to the previous Raptor, however, but at a higher weight than the aluminum-bodied Ford that the extra power helps offset. However, there are rumors that Ford is planning a version of the Raptor that borrows the 760 hp supercharged V8 from the Mustang Shelby GT500.

This isn’t the first time that a Stellantis brand has tried to rain on one of Ford’s parades. Last July, Jeep debuted the 470 hp V8-powered Wrangler Rubicon 392 just hours before Ford’s long-awaited reveal of the 2021 Bronco, which will only be offered with turbocharged four and six-cylinder engines … for now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Ram trash talks Ford on Twitter ahead of new F-150 Raptor launch
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 12:29:02 AM »
Dont know. I have heard that fords new raptor is not a turbo 6 but a supercharged or turbo'd v8. Talk is north of 800 hp. Right now comparing them just isnt fair. the trx would eat a raptor for lunch. Heck i saw a shootout were a fancy decked out gmc 1/2 ton with the 6.2 ate a raptor. I love this competition and will up to a point. That point is comming soon. that is electric power. Dodge is already making noise about the death of the v8 and electric assist in muscle cars NO THANKS. thats when i live with what i have. Even if it is a bit slower then the new stuff. 500 hp in a car is plenty enough fun for me. Even that trx that i would love to own isnt taking 90k out of my bank account. Now if it was 60 i might consider. but even then living up here in the north a trx or raptor would be only a summer toy and ive got summer toys already. Sure wouldnt drive a 90k pickup on salty roads and would guess that even with traction control a 700 hp truck would be a handfull on the roads up here that are snow and ice covered half the winter. but as to ram guys laughing they might be on the short end of that stick next year because one things for sure. Ford isnt bringing out a second place unit. Dodge will have to turn up the wick if they want to stay in the front of that race.

what really got my craw is the wrangler. Id love a 6.4 or even a 5.7 hemi wrangler. The 3.6 is pretty lame. but they are only doing it in 4 doors and i might as well drive my pickup in the woods as a 4 door wrangler. I drive jeeps because they will go about anywhere a side by side will go. Not a 4 door though. They to me are missing the boat. They wont even put there new diesel in a 2 door. I guess theres just MANY more yuppies that buy 4 doors to haul there familys down the road waving to everyone then there is hard core users like me. I wouldnt doubt if the 2 doors are cut from the lineup in the future. Even there pickup would be cool if it was a 2 door with the same wheel base as the 2 door wrangler. It would be a handy vehicle for me. Every jeep ive owned the back seat came out the first day it got home. i dont even need a 6.4. Just give me a 5.7 and id be happy.
blue lives matter