Author Topic: Disappearing threads?  (Read 790 times)

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Disappearing threads?
« on: March 03, 2004, 10:21:55 AM »
The thread I started on 'Gas prices' disappeared.  It was at the top of the page just a few hours ago.  Anyone know what happened to it?
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline jh45gun

Disappearing threads?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 01:44:53 PM »
It probably is a server issue as they are still working on it and having problems I had problems just trying to post this. Hope it did not inconvenience you too much and when the problems are fixed I am sure it will be better with out the glitches. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Disappearing threads?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 05:41:08 PM »
Actually no I have no clue. Are you sure it was on this forum? There is a thread on this subject I notice. Is that not it?

Since you made this post today I know of no server issues we're having today and all should be fine now. We lost a lot of what happened last week on Friday and Saturday as both the new and old servers were running. Some folks were on one and some on the other. Any post or registration on the old one was lost.

But as of today nothing like that should be happening.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Avid Poster
Disappearing threads?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 09:20:25 PM »
Yes, it was on this forum.  I posted it a few days ago and there were close to 30 replies as of this morning (Wednesday).  The other thread about the collapse of the oil industry was started by BamBams.  I posted a reply on my thread myself this morning and it appeared just like normal.  When I logged on again a couple of hours later, the whole thread was gone.
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Disappearing threads?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 12:52:06 AM »
Since you say it was a few days old I'm betting it was started during that time when both old and new servers were running and it was started on the old server. Likely on the Feb. 28. Everything that happened then was lost. Sorry about that but it was beyond our control.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

Disappearing threads?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 02:15:17 AM »
Quote from: Squirrelsaurus Rex
Yes, it was on this forum.  I posted it a few days ago and there were close to 30 replies as of this morning (Wednesday).  
Dali Llama say he recall aforementioned thread.  Dali say also some posts of his and Leftoverdj be missing.  Dali say all apparently met fate due to clash between dual servers... :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk