Author Topic: Hunting with Kristi Noem: South Dakota governor says sport 'keeps me grounded'  (Read 360 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kristi-noem-hunting-keeps-me-grounded-south-dakota-governor

Republican joins Johnny 'Joey' Jones on latest episode of 'Fox Nation Outdoors'

By Yael Halon | Fox News

After receiving national attention by posting a video of herself pheasant hunting in September, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is back at it, shrugging off her critics as she returns to the fields to connect to her childhood roots.

Noem's 15-second video racked up millions of views and tens of thousands of shares and retweets. It showed her walking through a cornfield wearing a shotgun and an orange cap and vest before shooting a bird out of the sky.

"This is how we do social distancing in South Dakota," she captioned a Twitter post that accompanied the video.

Noem and her family returned to the fields this week in a new "Fox Nation Outdoors" episode available exclusively on the streaming platform, where she was joined by former Marine Johnny "Joey" Jones for a lesson in pheasant hunting.

'LESS COVID, MORE HUNTING': GOV. NOEM

"For us, hunting is a way of life," Noem told Jones. "To be here with my kids and to enjoy it is something that I think my dad, my grandpa ... would all appreciate, that some things change really fast in the world today, but some things never change and that’s what’s important."

Noem's family operated a hunting lodge on her South Dakota farm throughout her childhood. The governor said hunting has always been a way for her to connect with her late father, who passed away in a tragic accident at the age of 49.

"We had to figure out another way to make money off of our land to pay off the death taxes so I spent years guiding hunters, helping them enjoy South Dakota," she recalled.

"Now as governor, being able to go out there every once in a while and still do it is a reminder of what keeps me grounded."

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
She can also fork a horse.  And being an old horseman, I admire her.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Online DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
That would be awesome to have a farm in SD, and have access to hunting all those pheasants out there. Used to be lots of wild pheasants here when I was a kid, but those are long gone now. The only pheasants you see now are some stocked ones that act like chickens. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
She was joking around with Tucker Carlson who is also very pro 2nd Amendment. They were talking about hunting, and told Tucker there are two Dakotas, I'm from the warmer one.