Author Topic: Texas governor says move on !  (Read 368 times)

Offline Goldie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Texas governor says move on !
« on: March 02, 2021, 02:31:53 PM »
Damn I wish we had a Governor like Abbot. Nothing fake or wishy washy about him. Open up the business's and get rid of these damn masks.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Texas governor says move on !
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 02:58:04 PM »
Damn I wish we had a Governor like Abbot. Nothing fake or wishy washy about him. Open up the business's and get rid of these damn masks.
Yeah, and Florida has been trucking along as if nothing had happened.   Of course he didn't shove old sick people into nursing homes, ala cuomo.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 04:33:12 PM »
Me and Linda and her sister and husband went to Borger tonight after I finished hanging a back door at a house we bought.
2 maybe 3 masks in the whole restaurant. Everybody speaks, lots a hats and boots of course. Its cold up here, but dam the people are friendly and "American" if you know what I mean.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 11:12:18 PM »
yup you texas guys have one of the good ones! Wish i could say the same. We have one of the worse.
blue lives matter

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 12:29:06 AM »
Well I agree with you there Lloyd.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 02:51:59 AM »
I'm heading over there in just a little bit. Got an eye doctor appointment and it sounds good that I'm going to a normal world again even if it's only for a couple of hours.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 04:09:21 AM »
Me and Linda and her sister and husband went to Borger tonight after I finished hanging a back door at a house we bought.
2 maybe 3 masks in the whole restaurant. Everybody speaks, lots a hats and boots of course. Its cold up here, but dam the people are friendly and "American" if you know what I mean.
I didn't think much of Texas until 1990.
The only Texans I knew were those at the airports in Dallas and Houston, and I found out later that they were mostly transplanted yankees.
But in 1990 when we had to go to Abilene to adopt our daughter, we flew into Dallas, rented a car, and when we got away from the airport we started running into those "Americans" and found some of the friendliest people on the planet, and saw a lot of boots and hats.
In Abilene, we had the best steaks we had ever eaten, and haven't had any that good since.
My wife had Filet Mignon and I had a Porterhouse and they were huge.  (everything bigger in Texas)  See next post.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 04:18:56 AM »
We made three trips to Abilene and had those steaks each time.
Our Daughter was 19 days old when we got her, so we went to visit the lady who had kept her during that time and she owned a big ranch outside of town.
While we were visiting her a young man came stomping in the back door with the big hat, boots, and SPURS.
He was introduced to us and the lady said this is my Grandson, he has a college education but all he wants to do is fool with these old cows and horses.  Here was a REAL Texan, and a real man, and I liked him immediately.

Viva Texas
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 04:57:51 AM »
This area Linda and I bought a house in doesn't deliver mail. Gotta go to the post office.
It's a constant stream of pickups, many with range cube feeders mounted on'em parked at the post office.
Very little farming, most all cattle and oil, with lots of "real ranchers", and "real cowhands". Part of the huge 6666s Ranch is just south of Borger. Its total size with 3 divisions is 266,245 acres.
It's a much calmer environment.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 05:06:47 AM »
This area Linda and I bought a house in doesn't deliver mail. Gotta go to the post office.
It's a constant stream of pickups, many with range cube feeders mounted on'em parked at the post office.
Very little farming, most all cattle and oil, with lots of "real ranchers", and "real cowhands". Part of the huge 6666s Ranch is just south of Borger.
It's a much calmer environment.
Well, I envy you that you have that environment.  There's not many places like that left in this country.  (except where it's cold as ice ;D)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye