Author Topic: Roberts alone in dissent as Supreme Court backs student in religious-speech case  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline Mule 11

I read this article and still have no idea what this is about... or what is right or wrong with it...

Offline Bob Riebe

I read this article and still have no idea what this is about... or what is right or wrong with it...
Roberts was against even taking the case.

Offline Mule 11

I have no love for the (supreme)? Court. Corrupt from the bottom. To the top...

Offline Mule 11

I did not like Obama , but I loathe Bush and all that he brought.
This is his boy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/roberts-alone-in-dissent-as-supreme-court-backs-student-in-religious-speech-case/ar-BB1ensNv?ocid=msedgdhp
A moment of honesty. I loathe all these democrat, liberal, leftist, A holes.

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
I did not like Obama , but I loathe Bush and all that he brought.
This is his boy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/roberts-alone-in-dissent-as-supreme-court-backs-student-in-religious-speech-case/ar-BB1ensNv?ocid=msedgdhp
   No worse than the three Trump put in there. And I loathed Obama and disliked Bush.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
I remember back when Jorge Bush was running for president conservatives would say things like "we have to hold our nose and vote for him, he's the lesser of two evils, think of the Supreme Court". Well, when you hold your nose and vote for a liberal then you end up with more liberals like Roberts on the Supreme Court.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Mule 11

I remember back when Jorge Bush was running for president conservatives would say things like "we have to hold our nose and vote for him, he's the lesser of two evils, think of the Supreme Court". Well, when you hold your nose and vote for a liberal then you end up with more liberals like Roberts on the Supreme Court.
Curious as to what was the other option?

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
    Well we could have voted for gore. I'm sure that would have been better.

Offline Bob Riebe

Sad truth but without the cluster f we have now that would have continued to be the case till it was truly to late to do anything, IF anyone had noticed how much we had lost.
It is only the open hostility that has now exposed how sleazy politics was.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter

Someone other than a liberal. When we relegate ourselves to the two liberal parties in charge we end up with a revolving door of liberals no matter who wins. Jorge Bush I, Jorge Bush II, Juan McAmnesty and Mitt Obamney were in reality all Democrats yet we still voted for them because of the silly "R" next to their names and we believed there were no other options. That's why we have SCOTUS justices like Roberts and why our country is headed straight down the shyt chute.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Mule 11

Someone other than a liberal. When we relegate ourselves to the two liberal parties in charge we end up with a revolving door of liberals no matter who wins. Jorge Bush I, Jorge Bush II, Juan McAmnesty and Mitt Obamney were in reality all Democrats yet we still voted for them because of the silly "R" next to their names and we believed there were no other options. That's why we have SCOTUS justices like Roberts and why our country is headed straight down the shyt chute.
So. There was no choice...

Offline ironglows

OK... We should have followed you advice and stayed home on election day. That way we would have gotten Al Gore as president in 2000, or John Kerry in 2004 !

... How would we have been better off with either of those two scenarios? I guess I fail to follow you logic!
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter

OK... We should have followed you advice and stayed home on election day. That way we would have gotten Al Gore as president in 2000, or John Kerry in 2004 !

... How would we have been better off with either of those two scenarios? I guess I fail to follow you logic!

I never advocated for staying home on election day, I advocated for voting for someone other than a liberal. If conservatives had the guts to vote for the most conservative candidate running regardless of party instead of voting for Democrats who happen to have an "R" next to their name we wouldn't be in this mess.

Let's say Mitt Obamney had won in 2012 due to all of us holding our noses and voting for a guy who has proven himself to be a Democrat. Guess what? We would have never gotten Trump in 2016. But hey, as long as the "Republican" wins, right?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter

So. There was no choice...

Only if you relegate yourself to voting for the Liberal, excuse me Republican party.

Offline ironglows

I never advocated for staying home on election day, I advocated for voting for someone other than a liberal. If conservatives had the guts to vote for the most conservative candidate running regardless of party instead of voting for Democrats who happen to have an "R" next to their name we wouldn't be in this mess.

Let's say Mitt Obamney had won in 2012 due to all of us holding our noses and voting for a guy who has proven himself to be a Democrat. Guess what? We would have never gotten Trump in 2016. But hey, as long as the "Republican" wins, right?

Well, let's see...  In 2000, the 3rd party candidate was Ralph Nader..in 2004 the 3rd party candidate was a Green Party candidate named David Cobb.  Since you don't think staying at home is the answer, can we assume then, that you voted for Nader and Cobb ?
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter

Well, let's see...  In 2000, the 3rd party candidate was Ralph Nader..in 2004 the 3rd party candidate was a Green Party candidate named David Cobb.  Since you don't think staying at home is the answer, can we assume then, that you voted for Nader and Cobb ?

Nice job only mentioning the ultra liberal 3rd party candidates to fit your argument. There were other 3rd party candidates that were much more conservative than Jorge Bush who wanted to sign an amnesty bill and an assault weapons bill. He gave us the Patriot act which was one of the worst pieces of legislation in history, we now live in a country where every citizen is spied on by our own government. And to top it all off he gave us ultra liberal Roberts.

Would we have been better off if Mitt Obamney had gotten elected in 2012 instead of Obama thus never giving us Trump in 2016?

Offline Sandhillbilly

• Avid Poster
Third party candidate at General election time, but during the primaries you have several choices at least if your primary is early enough that no one has dropped out.

Offline ironglows

From DB;
  "
Nice job only mentioning the ultra liberal 3rd party candidates to fit your argument. There were other 3rd party candidates that were much more conservative than Jorge Bush who wanted to sign an amnesty bill and an assault weapons bill. He gave us the Patriot act which was one of the worst pieces of legislation in history, we now live in a country where every citizen is spied on by our own government. And to top it all off he gave us ultra liberal Roberts.

Would we have been better off if Mitt Obamney had gotten elected in 2012 instead of Obama thus never giving us Trump in 2016?"

Perhaps you can help me. I googled the 3rd party candidates for president in 2000 and 20004, and the only 3rd party candidates I found were Nader and Cobb, but you said there were more conservative 3rd party candidates, that I didn't mention, but who you seem to have voted for, and I don't recall.  So, please remind me just who they were..

..And BTW, if we had gotten Mitt in rather than Obama, at least we would have moved Michelle out of the White House !  ;)  :D  ;D

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
From DB;
  "

Would we have been better off if Mitt Obamney had gotten elected in 2012 instead of Obama thus never giving us Trump in 2016?"

Perhaps you can help me. I googled the 3rd party candidates for president in 2000 and 20004, and the only 3rd party candidates I found were Nader and Cobb, but you said there were more conservative 3rd party candidates, that I didn't mention, but who you seem to have voted for, and I don't recall.  So, please remind me just who they were..

..And BTW, if we had gotten Mitt in rather than Obama, at least we would have moved Michelle out of the White House !  ;)  :D  ;D

Constitution Party 2000 Howard Phillips
Libertarian Party 2000 Harry Browne

Constitution Party 2004 Michael Peroutka
Libertarian Party 2004 Michael Badnarik

I don't know about you but I'd gladly trade Mitt Obamney's loss in 2012 for Trump's win in 2016. Sometimes it's better if a candidate as bad as Mitt Obamney loses since, as I tried to warn everyone back in 2012 that Mitt Obamney is a Democrat with an R next to his name. Completely worthless. It was worth the 4 year wait to get someone who was actually somewhat conservative instead of getting a white version of Obama.