Author Topic: Coke CEO says Georgia wrong..  (Read 2171 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Coke CEO says Georgia wrong..
« on: April 01, 2021, 02:53:33 PM »
  Coke Ceo joins Bumbles Biden, saying Georgia voting law is bad.  Not too bright..Georgia governor says it is just the same as Deleware state voting laws.  Deleware being Biden's home state..

Since Pepsi went left years ago.... I'm getting so I prefer RC Cola..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Coke CEO says Georgia wrong..
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:34:44 PM »
RC Cola. Wonder if they make a sugar free?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 04:04:40 PM »
I need to shop for RC.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 12:44:36 AM »
     I get my RC Cola at Dollar General.  ...Don't know if they have diet RC, don't recall seeing it there, but maybe a guy can order some..
  They apparently make it, so somebody must have it !  Perhaps a call to the local distributor.. whose name should
  be on their truck.

https://www.instacart.com/products/1334013-diet-rc-cola-soda-12-fl-oz
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 02:47:01 AM »
Diet cola, sugar free cola, not the same.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 03:27:35 AM »
  ..Sorry, I didn't know there was a difference.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 03:44:10 AM »
A google search shows that RC makes a sugar free, 0 calorie, version of their cola. Now I just have to find where it is available. My home town grocery store has some RC so I'll start there. I'm all for voters rights as long as they are legal voters and that seems to be what Georgia is trying to assure with their law. I can't support the CEO of Coke on his stance and I can't become less white so I'll just save him the embarrassment of having me as one of his customers. I wonder how RC with a little Sam Houston whiskey is going to taste on a hot summer evening?

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 03:44:45 AM »
The controlling interest in Coca Cola is Warren Buffett. That should explain a lot.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 03:47:41 AM »
The controlling interest in Coca Cola is Warren Buffett. That should explain a lot.

Wow!    ^^^THAT^^^ does explain much !  Some days you can hardly turn over any old board, without finding a snake under it !

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
A google search shows that RC makes a sugar free, 0 calorie, version of their cola. Now I just have to find where it is available. My home town grocery store has some RC so I'll start there. I'm all for voters rights as long as they are legal voters and that seems to be what Georgia is trying to assure with their law. I can't support the CEO of Coke on his stance and I can't become less white so I'll just save him the embarrassment of having me as one of his customers. I wonder how RC with a little Sam Houston whiskey is going to taste on a hot summer evening?

RC Cola and Jim Beam Vanilla. Hmmm,

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 05:46:25 PM »
I drink cola any more because of the caffeine but Zevia makes the best tasting diet soda that I've ever tried.  I pick up a 6 pack of their ginger ale from time to time...

However when I was a serious soda drinker, I found that store brands were usually just as good as the name brand stuff for a lot less money.

Tony

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 02:49:37 AM »
I became curious just who owned RC and found it's a British company. I'm looking for other diet cola options that are American owned. The kitchen boss has informed me we are going to the grocery store today and I'm going to see what available and maybe bring home some samples to try. Since my wonderful old gal has some difficulty getting things off the top and bottom shelves I go along to facilitate her grocery shopping. She tells me what she wants and I put it in the basket. It's a system that works well, at least for her. I would rather be doing other things but I like to eat so  go along and don't grumble about it. At least not where she can hear me.  ;D

Offline ironglows

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 02:53:20 AM »
I drink cola any more because of the caffeine but Zevia makes the best tasting diet soda that I've ever tried.  I pick up a 6 pack of their ginger ale from time to time...

However when I was a serious soda drinker, I found that store brands were usually just as good as the name brand stuff for a lot less money.

Tony

I would try the Zevia brand, but it is not seen on this area, not to my knowledge anyway.

Speaking of soda, pop, cold drink, tonic, or whatever colloquialism is used for the same product..here is an update some may welcome...
   I hav ehad a preference for Vernor's ginger ale, but it is most often hard to find around here.  Now, Canada Dry has come out with a ginger ale they label as BOLD.. which is a very close copy of Vernor's.. IMO.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 04:52:17 AM »
Diet Sun Drop if you can find it is awesome.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 05:33:40 AM »

I have had a preference for Vernor's ginger ale, but it is most often hard to find around here.  Now, Canada Dry has come out with a ginger ale they label as BOLD.. which is a very close copy of Vernor's.. IMO.

Vernor's is only sold in liqueur stores around here and well, I don't go to such places any more.  The last time I bought a 6 pack was when I was moving my daughter and I dropped by the local liqueur store for some boxes.  The guy was tickled to give them away and I felt I should buy something in return for the free boxes.  Sometimes I add a sprinkle of powdered ginger to ginger ale to spice it up a bit, I'll have to try the C.D. bold if I can find it in diet...

Tony

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 10:29:44 AM »
The local grocery store was no help on my something else than coke quest. They have two aisles of soda and there was only a few diet root beer in large bottles. Everything else had sugar.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 11:39:06 AM »

I have had a preference for Vernor's ginger ale, but it is most often hard to find around here.  Now, Canada Dry has come out with a ginger ale they label as BOLD.. which is a very close copy of Vernor's.. IMO.

Vernor's is only sold in liqueur stores around here and well, I don't go to such places any more.  The last time I bought a 6 pack was when I was moving my daughter and I dropped by the local liqueur store for some boxes.  The guy was tickled to give them away and I felt I should buy something in return for the free boxes.  Sometimes I add a sprinkle of powdered ginger to ginger ale to spice it up a bit, I'll have to try the C.D. bold if I can find it in diet...

Tony

You may want to try the BOLD Canada Dry.  I find it to be a bit more spicy..more "gingery" than the vernor's product.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 04:43:43 AM »
The local grocery store was no help on my something else than coke quest. They have two aisles of soda and there was only a few diet root beer in large bottles. Everything else had sugar.

If you don't mind non-caffeinated look for Polar brand, they're made in Worcester Massachusetts. The diet birch beer is really good.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »
  ..Sorry, I didn't know there was a difference.

The reason for diet drinks is simple. Same price, but sales almost double when the diet word is used.

I have almost quit carbonated drinks,but  when I drank them, I would only drink the real thing. Diet or sugar free anything tastes like crap. I have seen very large people in a grocery store with a cart full of diet drinks. Why not cut your consumption by half, and drink the real thing. Same thing with lite beer....If I wanted a beer these days, I would get a bottle of Bud, Coors or what ever brand I like in the HEAVY version. Light beer is just wrong. Ask any German. They know beer.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 02:49:08 PM »
Water mainly for me and my wife. A beer or glass of wine occassionally, sometimes a little milk for breakfast. Maybe a little oj. Lost the surgery soft drinks many a year ago. Who needs them ?

Offline powderman

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2021, 09:51:41 PM »
We just switched from coke products to PEPSI, I like the cherry colas. Who makes big red??  CHARLIE.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 11:14:20 PM »
used to drink alot of pepsi. Now its mostly diet sierra mist or diet 7 up. Never was a fan of coke. Actually i drink more ice tea then any soda.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 02:24:19 AM »
I drink mostly water, and coffee, but I do occasionally drink a coke zero.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
unlike many i think diet soda actually tastes better then the sugary stuff. If i drink a non diet soda its tasted about like putting a spoon full of sugar in your mouth. Never was a fan of any coke. Drank pepsi but coke allways had an odd taste to me. Wont be hard for me to sanction them. Dont fly either so united air lines will be another easy boycott.
blue lives matter

Offline geezerbiker

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2021, 12:51:12 AM »
United doesn't seem to learn from their mistakes.  Not long after the "United Breaks Guitars" song was mostly forgotten their customer service was in the crapper again.  Now this, it make me wonder how they stay in business...

Tony

Offline ironglows

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2021, 05:33:29 AM »
      I don't drink near as many carbonated as I used to, and I did prefer coke over Pepsi..but no more.  I know some folks who have had the stomach surgery for losing weight, and they claim the carbonated is a NO....NO !

They say the carbonation puffs up th egut, making a new, large container for food, causing one to be hungry again.  I don't see then, why this cannot be happening to us with our original stomach..

I get a charge out of some folks I have seen..They sit down to a half a pizza, couple pieces of pie and maybe a pint or so of ice cream with cookies... then salve their conscience, by drinking a DIET Coke... ;)  ;D