Author Topic: Ok guys, we have our forum...  (Read 1829 times)

Offline ken2222

• Trade Count: (23)
  • A Real Regular
Ok guys, we have our forum...
« on: January 15, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »
Hi Folks! I've been hunting out of tree stands for a while. Tried several and can help with your selection thru my own experiences. I have been building my own recently so have some idea of what it takes to be safe,comfortable and QUIET. Lets get this forum underway! Ken

Offline olbiffer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ok guys, we have our forum...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:22:59 AM »
hi ken. I dont hunt in tree stands much anymore, but I sure do like those pop up ground blinds! keeps the weather off and you dont have to sit like a statue. with one of those folding chairs inside, its easy to take a nap in too :D

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »
olbiffer, I have the narcolepsy problem as well, that's why I don't hunt in tree stands. Something about the tranquility and fresh air puts me right to sleep, and that ain't good twelve feet in the air.

I look forward to hearing different techniques on ground blind set up though. I don't use a pop up blind, I usually look for natural cover or drag a couple of dead falls over and lean them up against a tree just to break up my outline.

Then I set up my folding stool and fall asleep. ;D
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline ken2222

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:11:22 AM »
If you get higher in the tree....they won't hear ya snoring ;D  I like to get 16-22' up there but my stand is hand built from 1" box tubing....I can lay down and sleep! Much more comfortable. Next season....HEAT!  Ken

Offline ken2222

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:44 AM »
Where I hunt...SE Lower Michigan....there's usually plenty of ground cover...I like to cut up apples and leave my outter clothes sealed up at least overnight with the apples for scent cover when I'm on the ground...but don't do that much ground hunting anymore...the "climber" stands go with me when in "fresh" country. The pop-ups are plenty popular here too!