Author Topic: A few pictures (bikes only) from our first little Guzzi Rally.  (Read 478 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Back from our first Moto Guzzi gathering in two years at Cedar Vale, KS. Was a cool ride home this am. Here are a couple beautiful ones and an Italian cousin Ducati.

GuzziJohn

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: A few pictures (bikes only) from our first little Guzzi Rally.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 10:31:18 AM »
Well Guzzi, good to see you posting again on the real GBO. Hope you’ve been well and prosperous.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 10:37:18 AM »
Well Guzzi, good to see you posting again on the real GBO. Hope you’ve been well and prosperous.
Starting to smell that cattle ranch you were talking about...

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 10:45:10 AM »
I like the bike in the middle the best.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »
Nice Bikes

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »
From Doublebass73:

You have good taste. That is a restored 1973 750 sport. One of the best sport bikes in it's day. The other Guzzi is a late model 1400.
GuzziJohn

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 01:43:11 PM »
From pastorp:
Thanks for the kind word and yes life has been quite good to me in recent times.
GuzziJohn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 02:42:29 PM »
From Doublebass73:

You have good taste. That is a restored 1973 750 sport. One of the best sport bikes in it's day. The other Guzzi is a late model 1400.
GuzziJohn

I only see Guzzi's from that era once in a blue moon in my area, that one is a fine looking specimen.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 05:17:21 PM »
A friend of mine used to have a V7 with a nickel plated frame.  It was gorgeous.   

I bought a crashed and burnt T3 from an insurance company back when I had a bike shop in the early 80's.  I had to rewire it, replace all the carbs, switches, hoses and rebuild the brakes.  My brother was a auto body and painter on the Cord, Auburn and Deusenburg registry and I talked to him about the problem with old Guzzi gas caps.  My idea was to cut the top out of an early 1980 Kawasaki tank and splice it into the top of the Guzzi tank.  He made it happen and it looked factory when it was done.  I was able to BS a few Guzzi guys into believing it was an Italian domestic model tank until I started laughing so hard I could barely stand and I came clean about it being custom.

Me and that bike almost died together around then end of October 1983 when drunk driver plowed into the back of my Guzzi while I was moving.  I think he was POed that I had passed him but I'll never know that for sure.  He hit me doing about 20 MPH faster than I was going.   A year later I put that bike back together.  I had lost my bike shop so I didn't have the same resources so she was always a ratty machine After that.  I put another 30k miles on that bike before engine troubles took it off the road and I was a broke college student at the time so I eventually had to let the bike go.  Of the dozens of bikes I've had, it's the one that I remember most fondly...

Tony