Author Topic: Buffalo Classic 45lc Carbine  (Read 900 times)

Offline Woodbridge 30-30

• Trade Count: (0)
Buffalo Classic 45lc Carbine
« on: July 06, 2021, 02:50:27 PM »
Hey gang, I'm looking for some honest opinions on the value of a 20" Buffalo Classic 45lc. I know that prices are up and some go crazy on gunbroker but I'm planning to look at one going to auction locally. If you were in the market for one, what do you think would be a fair price?

Offline Ghosth

Re: Buffalo Classic 45lc
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 03:42:22 PM »
I paid 400$ for just the new unfired barrel off a BC .45colt.

Considered myself lucky to get it for that and double lucky that it locked up perfectly on one of my frames.

For whole gun in reasonably good condition I suspect you'll have to start at 500$ and be prepared to go higher.

The question is how bad do you want it? 

FYI I love mine and consider it money well spent. It shoots 230 grain truncated cone cast very very well over modest amounts of Red Dot.

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 11:34:04 PM »
I don't think you would be over paying at $500 if it's a nice gun. If memory serves me correctly they were bringing around $500 a couple years back

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 01:25:06 AM »
I know this, whatever you pay, it's personal.  When you get your hands on one, you probably won't let it go, until you are ready to sell all of them and quit, which is highly unlikely. 

They're UNIQUE and unlike ANY other gun in your arsenal.  Small in stature.  Long on entertainment.  Lacking in recoil.  Serious in the instant of need.  Fun (as ****) to shoot.  Easy to reload.  Should I go on...?

You WANT one.  Today's pricing is what you pay for not knowing then what you know now.

Even at $750, if you WANT IT, BUY IT.  They are not making them any more.  Some purchase handguns for more and many other fine rifles are more than that.  This is no handgun or magazine fed rifle.  It is well suited to a Side Kick handgun in 45 Colt, which then shoots the same ammo.  I KNOW, I have BOTH!!!

Offline Woodbridge 30-30

Re: Buffalo Classic 45lc Carbine
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 12:15:35 PM »
Well fellas, thanks for the input... unfortunately the family pulled it from the sale bill just before the sale. Decent prices on the rest of the guns, too bad that it didn't sell, I might have done okay on it.