Author Topic: Even my daughter knows.......  (Read 738 times)

Offline big medicine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Even my daughter knows.......
« on: March 22, 2004, 04:31:42 PM »
Tonight we were watching a Buckmasters video. My Daughter who is 5 and my Son who is 3 had their little double barrel shotguns out ready to shoot deer. One of the guys on the video shoots this little buck. My Daughter looks at me with this bewildered look on her face and says: Daddy, why did that guy shoot that little deer? That wasnt a big ten buck! :)  

Then thy have to talk about what a big monster it was. My Daughter says: Daddy we dont shoot baby deer like that do we! It is pretty sad when you cant even BS a 5 year old. :(

She was with me last year when I shot 15 point Whitetail that scored 166 1/8. She told me when it came out of the trees that it was a big ten buck and that I should shoot it. The kid can judge deer :shock:  She has been going deer hunting with me since she was 2. She is a little deer magnet, I always most always shoot a deer when she is with me. I cant wait until she can shoot one for her self.

Yesterday my Son went out snow goose hunting with me. He carried his double barrel. We were on the edge of a pond when a couple thousand snows came in like a white tornado. The noise was something. He sat there on my lap with eyes the size of silver dollars and then looked up at me and said: Dad, shoot them!......So I did. :wink: 5 shots 8 geese. He wanted to carry one back to the truck but it was as big as he was. It was all he could talk about yesterday....It was all I could think about today! Him and that goose :grin:  God, life is good!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 07:05:55 PM »
Congrats on having Kids that want to hunt even at that young age and are not upset with the Hunt!! Also congrats to you for teaching them that at a early age so they think it is normal instead of bad like so many kids to day think of hunting!! Kudo's to you for a job well done with your family and your hunting. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 07:40:59 AM »
Jim, It was priceless the look on her face. She just couldnt figure out why that guy shot that little deer :lol:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 09:51:55 AM »
Yes it is funny how the young can be innocent and yet sound so grown up at times. When  they get older you will have to explain to them that not all hunters can kill the big one all the time and it is ok to take a small one now and then  for the table or they will be disapointed when older, but then I am sure when the time comes you will or you will have to shoot 15 pointers all the time.  :)  Jim

Offline Shorty

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 03:31:37 PM »
Big Medicine,
Be careful!  You're creating a monster! :wink:
I started my grandson on a BB gun, pretty soon that wasn't enough.  Then it was a single-shot .22.  Then, he fell in love with the auto .22.  Then he wanted to shoot the .44/40.  I thought, this'll set him back...wrong!  He'd bang away with that '66 until I went broke, if I let him, and actually hit the target, and he's only SIX years old!  :eek:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 05:51:13 PM »
That a way!!! Shorty!!  a other gun owner in the making!! Good deal when he starts shooting better than you let us know. Or is he there already?  :)  Jim  :wink:

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 06:27:31 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
That a way!!! Shorty!!  a other gun owner in the making!! Good deal when he starts shooting better than you let us know. Or is he there already?  :)  Jim  :wink:

It’s amazing just how fast they learn to shoot and hit what they are aiming at.   But then, it’s amazing how fast they grow up and are out on their own.   Enjoy them while you can.   :)
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline NYH1

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 07:09:34 PM »
I took my daughter deer hunting with me in 2002. She was nine at the time. She's actually the first one that saw the deer that day :eek: . A little 4 pointer about 40-45 yards away. I shot it with my Winchester model 88 308win. She though it was great :grin: . That was my second deer that year. The first one was a 5 pointer, probably the other one's brother. :) anyway she was checking it out pretty good when I got it home. She was looking inside it, spraying it out with the hose, that kinda stuff :lol: . My other daughter was five at that time. She's not really into the "hunting" thing, she's my "girly girl" :lol: . She loves to ride her ATV (suzuki 50cc), other then that she would rather play with her dolls or tease her little brother. :grin: thats fine. My wife and I don't "force" anything on them thats not necessary (school an that kinda stuff). My son's only two and a half, but he does everything I do already so I think he'll like to hunt. Two out of three's not bad :-D , again I would want them to do it if they didn't want to. :toast:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 05:44:28 AM »
This morning (about 2 hours ago), I was doing some basic sighting in ( in my barn/garage)with my new NEF barrel. I was firing CCI CB caps. My beloved 5 yr old grand daughter was observing and mentioned how she didn't like the "smell".
   When I finished, carrying my action-open rifle, I lifted the garage door and started to leave....

Little grand daughter says..."Those things scare me!"

At first I thought "Oh..Oh..have kid shows, cartoons or some other thing gotten to her?"....

So I queried "What scares you sweetheart?"

The little blondie said "That thing!"...and she pointed up at the garage door...

How do you spell relief?....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 07:53:26 AM »
Quote from: ironglow

So I queried "What scares you sweetheart?"

The little blondie said "That thing!"...and she pointed up at the garage door...

How do you spell relief?....LOL

That is priceless... thanks for sharing it.    :)    :D

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 01:27:07 AM »
"True joy is the company of properly raised children."
PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 02:10:34 AM »
The rain spoiled out trip to the range yesterday :(  I had planned on taking his little power wheels jeep (painted up just like dads 1944 Willys MB) with us, and putting the targets and tape in the back and letting him drive it down to check targets with me. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 03:32:06 PM »
Big Medicine;
  Keep up the great work...we all know that kids who are raised with the care and concern of loving parents..spending quality time with them; make the very best citizens!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2004, 01:59:30 PM »
Quote from: ironglow
Big Medicine;
Keep up the great work...we all know that kids who are raised with the care and concern of loving parents..spending quality time with them; make the very best citizens!

Amen to that ironglow!