Author Topic: Korth, new stuff.  (Read 607 times)

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
Korth, new stuff.
« on: January 18, 2022, 01:05:24 PM »
I used to check and follow firearms related items heavily, it is amazing what goes on when you look away.

I am surprised, and it is not that long ago I at least checked on top level firearms, that Korth now has a .44 magnum revolver and modified Browning 1911 style semi-auto.
Fascinating.

https://kortharms.com/en/

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Korth, new stuff.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 05:19:58 PM »
Korth is really no longer involved in those guns. The name and rights were bought out and are now being produced here in the USA. I can't recall at the moment who now owns them but I think it's one of the outfits primarily famous for work on 1911s.

Nighthawk Custom is who I was thinking of. Not sure if they actually own the rights or not. Google didn't seem to think so. But they sure are making Korth guns now. Here is a link:

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/nxs-8-shot-357

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 06:07:18 PM »
Korth produces the firearms but they must have a marketing arrangement with Nighthawk, the guns are made in Germany but the Nighthawk address is on some of the guns.
At the site it lists all the dealers world wide and Nighthawk is listed as import & Service.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 02:50:28 AM »
  Does it make a big difference if still another 1911 clone comes onto the market.  Aren't there enough of those copies being made to choose from, without adding still another ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 07:08:30 AM »
  Does it make a big difference if still another 1911 clone comes onto the market.  Aren't there enough of those copies being made to choose from, without adding still another ?
It is not a clone, locking roller breech, if you read about it and it is Teutonic precision. 8)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 08:47:08 AM »
It is not a clone, locking roller breech, if you read about it and it is Teutonic precision. 8)

..locking breech..new design and Teutonic precision is a plus.  I am neither a handgun conniseur nor a crack shot with one..so I would defer to your more precise understanding of them..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 10:20:53 AM »

Well Yeah.....A Person Can't have Too Many 1911's  8)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Steve E

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 10:02:36 AM »
Korth pistols are some of the most beautiful guns around but the ones with the rails and slots cut all over them are just freaky looking (to me). I'm sure they are beautiful to some people and that is their choice, just not for me. I guess that goes back to the old saying 'that's why they make Fords and Chevy's'. I have never seen a Korth handgun in person, my loss I'm sure.

Steve...........
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member