Author Topic: Jerky donations for wounded warriors  (Read 14135 times)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Jerky donations for wounded warriors
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
Hello everyone,
   As most of you know, I'm a medic in the Army.  I receive no greater joy than taking care of wounded warriors.  I'm a member of the Welcome Home Soldier Program at Scott Air Force Base and we welcome home all the wounded warriors that transition through there. Frequently these soldiers are flying in just to be placed on another flight getting them closer to their destination. During these times, the wounded warriors are not fed meals. Instead the wounded warriors rely on donated snacks to hold them over until they can get to a place where they will stay long enough for a regular meal.  

Beef jerky has always been a hit with our military service members. It remains stable at most any temperature and has a long shelf-life. Besides that, it's just downright tasty. Wink

I ask that anyone who can, please donate any of your homemade beef, deer, or other jerky that you have to spare.  Even small amounts go a long way and are greatly appreciated.

All donated jerky may be mailed directly to me.  Please PM me for address info.  I will do my best to get some pics posted of some of the folks who this will go to.

Thanks in advance on behalf of our wounded warriors.  :)

Happy Holidays!!

-Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Jerky donations for wounded warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »
Dinny, you asked for it. I have a priority mail box stuffed with about 6 7oz packages and one commercial bulk package of jerky. You'll have to cut and ziplock the bulk stuff.

Give 'em a heavy-duty Thanks for your service from us!!

Joe & Sherri Johnson

(check your PM)

Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion