Author Topic: 10ga 32"  (Read 845 times)

Offline Rogmatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
10ga 32"
« on: March 09, 2004, 12:30:57 PM »
Does anyone think that I could have a 32" mod. fixed choke 10ga barrel threaded for chokes by a gunsmith. I don't want the shorter barrel NEF offers. Thanks for any help. Long time no talk to some of you!!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
10ga 32"
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 12:41:20 PM »
Rogmatt, I have a gunsmith here on Cape Cod who is a perfectionist. I don't know if you want to send the barrel or if he does 10's but I do know he does most other calibers and forcing cones also. His Name is Ed Gagnon and he is in Centerville, Mass. If this is of interest to you let me know and I will inquire further or get you his phone number....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
10ga 32"
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 12:48:38 PM »
Thanks MSP ret, I appreciate that. would love to talk to the guy. Would be great to end up with a 34" turkey barrel when you include the screw in choke. MSP, please forgive the hard time I used to give you about Mortie. You always were a good guy and I was a little rough on you a few times. I will call your friend if you send me his info. Thanks

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
10ga 32"
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 01:33:34 PM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D wait a minute, why do you want to add screw in chokes??? try some hevishot from the mod. choke, and i bet you can get a turkey killing patten at close to 40 yrds with it. a friend of mine set up, and painted a wally world NEF 12ga with a 28inch mod choked barrel for turkey. without hevishot he gets about 20-25 yrds, with hevishot he get 35 yrds, the only thing done to the gun was a recoil pad, a scope base, with cheap $29.95 red dot also from walmart :eek:  :eek:  :eek:   yep its sad to say, but i spent ALOT of money on my NWTF 12ga, and i only get about 40 yards with it. he has like $125 in his whole gun all set, and with hevishot, he get almost if not as much as i do out of my NWTF 12ga. that is tweeked out. so before you spent all that cash, try some hevishot, it really is the best shotgun ammo i have EVER TRIED.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
10ga 32"
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 01:50:57 PM »
VC, Scruffy always did preach about Hevi-shot to me. I know you guys are right. Remington says if you use it, it is the equivalent of going down 1 choke size. I am going to get it!! When discussing H&RNEF, this forum is much better than SGW, not much H&R there. You talked me into it. But still think it would be nice to modify it with a screw in choke just for kicks & grins.