Author Topic: WASH state HS called off 911 tribute, might offend somebody. « on: Today at 06  (Read 537 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)

WASH state HS called off 911 tribute, might offend somebody.
« on: Today at 06:08:09 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/washington-state-hs-calls-off-9-11-football-tribute-because-some-could-be-offended-report-says Angry Angry

Washington state HS calls off 9/11 football tribute because some could be offended, report says
Students at a Washington state high school wanted to mark the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks by wearing red, white and blue at a Patriot’s Day-themed game,a report says
Edmund DeMarcheBy Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for September 12
Students at a Washington state high school wanted to mark the 20th year since the Sept. 11 attacks by wearing red, white and blue at a Patriot’s Day-themed game but were refused because the event could "unintentionally cause offense to some who see it differently," according to a report.

Jason Rantz, a host on KTTH 770/94.5FM, reported that the event was canceled by an unnamed staffer at Eastlake High School in Sammamish "at the last minute." A student told the show that he was informed that the "red, white and blue was going to be seen as racially insensitive and may affect people in a way that we will not understand and for that reason that we were to change our theme."

The station posted a screengrab of an email from one of the school’s associate principals to a parent that said she understands the "sacrifice and values our flag represents, but I think they [school leadership] just did not want to unintentionally cause offense to some who see it differently."

placeholder
The school’s principal and the associate principal did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.

Rantz wrote that Chris Bede, the principal, and the district’s communication director did not go into specifics about who exactly would be offended by seeing the players dressed in the colors.

"Since it was not a home game, there was no opportunity to have an announcement about Patriots Day and to share why students were dressed in red, white and blue," Shannon Parthemer, the district’s communication director, told the station.

The station reported that Bede seemed to be taken "by surprise" about the decision to call off the theme. Parthemer, who did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News, told Rantz that the decision was made by one unnamed staff member.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

"I do want to clarify that schools do not have a right to ban students from wearing anything as long as it is not lewd, vulgar etc.. And the theme of red, white and blue definitely would not fit into that category," Bede reportedly told parents.

Edmund DeMarche is a senior news editor for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @EDeMarche.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Every student in that school has a parent, or parents.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Their calling it off, 'offends' millions of Americans...does that count for anything ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Mule 11

Their calling it off, 'offends' millions of Americans...does that count for anything ?
Agreed.

Parents should have more of a choice in how there children are educated.

Offline Dee

Parents use the public school systems as babysitters. If they don't like what's being taught at public schools, TAKE'EM OUT.
NOBODY is forcing parents to drop their kids off at public schools every morning.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Agreed.

Parents should have more of a choice in how there children are educated.

That is why there is a strong movement building to have the "funds follow the student",  rather than too have the tax money automatically go to the nearest public school.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Mule 11

Parents use the public school systems as babysitters. If they don't like what's being taught at public schools, TAKE'EM OUT.
NOBODY is forcing parents to drop their kids off at public schools every morning.
Easier said than done. I know.

Offline Dee

I've got 3 boys and a girl. I know to. They are grown now, and their kids are grown also, but people can't keep blaming everyone else for what is the parents responsibility.
Parental complacency is what has allowed the schools to become what they've become.
They need to get off their collective asses and either change the school curriculum, put'em in a different school, home school'em, or quit having kids.
Everybody always wants to blame somebody else for their problems.

Offline Mule 11

I’d like to see it go back to parents paying the teachers salary, that way they would have some control over how there children are educated. This will be 3 years of homeschooling in my house and when I have to work I pay a sitter and have to check there school work when I get home or on the weekend. It’s not easy going back to school for me as I have to relearn all this useless crap again...

Offline orerancher

I'm Offended....Had the Radio on all day Saturday...The Talking Heads did say Almost 3,000 People were Killed.....But never Once did They say How the were Killed....Or that it was MUSLIMS that killed them...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
'
  Yes, most of the children in school e parents, but some of them can't even keep their own lives out of the ditch !

My daughter-in-law some years back, set up and operated a day care, in d a large room in her house, a room that had a bathroom .

To assure parents while at work, that their children were being cared for, well fed an treated well..she had a video cam which covered the whole room, and was well cared for.. she had a video cam installed, that covered the entire room.
  The parent could sit at work and use their cell-phone to check on their child.

Now that many children have had to "remote learn" for nearly a whole semester, it would be a simple move to have a cam installed in each room, so parents could check on what is being taught, and how their child is being treated.  ...Or if their child is "acting out"!

Should be no problem for an honorable teacher..  anymore than it was for my  DIL...in her day care center.

Offline Dee

Parents don't have time for such foolishness. Its football season.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

...Or foolishball season !

Offline Mule 11

I loved football when I played it. I could disappear with all of my body armor and be indiscriminate in my violence. It was wonderful and I must say I miss my youth. That being said. Some parents are involved heavily in there children’s upbringing because that is what is important to them. Some not so much...

Offline Dee

Everybody at our games knew who everybody was. Our football uniform jerseys had our numbers on them. Yours didn't?

Offline Mule 11

I played for the love of the game. I did not have any (friends) on my team. Like my coach told me. Wrestling is an individual sport. You should be good at it. And I am...

Offline Dee

I'm the non violent, passive type. I was mediocre at everything. Still am.

Offline magooch

For those who do not know, Lake Sammamish where this thing occurred is a suburb of Seattle; people should not be surprised that the libs are in charge in that commie nest.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
    I didn't play any high school sports.  May have wanted  to...but I had too much farm work to do..  After Dad sold the farm, my youngest brother excelled at almost all sports.

He was voted "most athletic' in school and got a full ride in college..both football and academics.  The pro scouts watched him closely in football (fullback).

But alas...he was split second too slow for them, so he went on to coach in high school and university.

He did fine...other than the fact that he is a hopeless liberal !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
For those who do not know, Lake Sammamish where this thing occurred is a suburb of Seattle; people should not be surprised that the libs are in charge in that commie nest.

Funny, isn't it!  ...How the lefties think they know so much better, how a country should be run..

So, let's take a look at how they do in the areas that they do run..like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle,
  Portland, and a host of other places..

THose places have the greatest disparity between top and bottom incomes.  Just take a look, these places have a super helping of millionaire & billionaires..yet they are  flooded by homeless. 

Far more Bentleys, Ferraris and Lambos run those streets , than places like Columbus, Billings or Omaha..
  Yet the drug problems are greater there, petty thieves are allowed to steal nearly  a thousand dollars of merchandise..without repercussions.

In more sane cities, the neighborhoods blend, from lower income..gradually up to the higher incomes.

Meanwhile, in the major pockets of madness led by leftists, there seem to be isolated pockets of fenced patches of green, gorgeous homes..surrounded (outside those fences) by neighborhoods, encrusted with the trash dump homeless enclaves.
  The super rich there, keep their fences and security...and let plain, old Joe Blow suffer.

That is why a young lady can be shoyton a pier, and the illegal, crack-head, get sprung loose almot immediately.

Do we REALLY want to live in such a leftist utopia ?
  while in these pockets of madness