Author Topic: wet sonic case cleaners?  (Read 437 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
wet sonic case cleaners?
« on: October 28, 2021, 08:42:08 AM »
I just received an ad from Natchez shooters showing several of these wet sonic case cleaner units. 

I'm curious why reloaders are going to these units. I have been very happy with my dry vibratory cleaner for years.

The hassle of getting cases totally dry concerns me and I even see case dryers now. I have no space nor $$$ for more equipment like this.

What am I missing?  I'm will to get educated thank you.

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: wet sonic case cleaners?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 09:04:19 AM »
I just received an ad from Natchez shooters showing several of these wet sonic case cleaner units. 

I'm curious why reloaders are going to these units. I have been very happy with my dry vibratory cleaner for years.

The hassle of getting cases totally dry concerns me and I even see case dryers now. I have no space nor $$$ for more equipment like this.

What am I missing?  I'm will to get educated thank you.
  I have been procrastinating about getting  a ultrasonic  cleaner myself ,   from the pics I have seen even the primer pockets come out looking like new . The Medical industry uses ultrasonic cleaners  where  clean is  a priority .

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:11:36 AM »
I have one from Hornady, and it does a great job on small batches of brass in water, lemishine, and dawn, but much prefer my FART with steel pins/chips for large batches.  I use the ultrasonic cleaner more for derusting small metal things with evaporust, and running some small gunparts in simple green and other solvents, each in their own separate container.  I have even cleaned a dead carb from a small engine without having to pull it all apart. 
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 02:40:01 PM »
Never used one
I saw a sonic cleaner at harbor freight
today while looking for some gloves.
I didn't think to notice the price.

A friend had a  gun shop sonic
clean a receiver of a Handi rifle
he had some time back.