Author Topic: An outline of our great leader:  (Read 386 times)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: An outline of our great leader:
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 12:39:21 AM »
   I don't trust anything published bythe leftists...gross lying is their stock in trade.

If it were an article published by a known and recognized conservative publication, I may give it siome credence.

Being published by a left wing rag, i suspect they are just trying toi undermine gun rights in general, by hen-pecking away wherever they can.

On the surface, the article looks like they are concerned for gun owners who are being duped. 
  Ask yourself...Does Vanity Fair have a history of looking out for the interests of the honest gun owner?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 12:51:59 AM »
Found it on the Drudge Report. Don't know if it's valid or not, but might explain some of the goings on in that group. I don't like the guy, but for the sake of the NRA, I hope it isn't right.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 02:49:40 AM »
Looked back on some articles written by Tim Mak. Who writes for the NPR.  It appears that he has written past articles regarding the NRA, and all of them have been negative articles that surrounded the NRA. Mostly writing about the NRA's troubles within.  He loved to write about the attempted Trump impeachments also, where I got the feeling he was all in on the democrats attempt to remove Trump. None of his articles on the impeachment process questioned the validity behind the impeachments.  I'm not a Wayne fan, but I get the gist that Tim Mak the writer of the article is anti gun, and dislikes what the NRA stands for.   I also saw some articles where he mentions gun violence, which is a term that never made sense to me. It was a term created by the anti gun crowd to insinuate that guns create violence. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 03:02:37 AM »
Looked back on some articles written by Tim Mak. Who writes for the NPR.  It appears that he has written past articles regarding the NRA, and all of them have been negative articles that surrounded the NRA. Mostly writing about the NRA's troubles within.  He loved to write about the attempted Trump impeachments also, where I got the feeling he was all in on the democrats attempt to remove Trump. None of his articles on the impeachment process questioned the validity behind the impeachments.  I'm not a Wayne fan, but I get the gist that Tim Mak the writer of the article is anti gun, and dislikes what the NRA stands for.   I also saw some articles where he mentions gun violence, which is a term that never made sense to me. It was a term created by the anti gun crowd to insinuate that guns create violence.
You had me at NPR.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 04:24:39 AM »
Publicly funded anything should not be bias. NPR and PBS are two of them...

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 05:47:58 AM »
Yep, there should not be bias in radio, news papers or TV, but since you and I also have biases we possibly could be a little forgiving when others do also.  There are about 170,000 public radio funding contributers here in the area where we live. They all have biases; a few are conservative and more are liberal or libertarian.
Some here consider public radio to be very conservative and some very liberal and some reflective of the population here abouts. Personally I think they lean liberal; certainly not conservative but they do seem to try to be middle of the road. Mostly they report the liberal news but try not to push the agenda much unless an NPR commentator gets on a rant. I'll give a C or C-.
Have been reading Elton Trueblood's The Company of the Committed (1961) where he paraphrases Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov "We have seen in these countries (Russia & China) the fulfillment of the dire prediction of Dostoyevsky that the time would come when the greatest change was not that of a church becoming a state ... but rather that of the state becoming a church."
I'd say we are there now. But in the USA there are two religious factions competing to lead this new church, the Republican's and the Democrats. And like in most religious battles, each faction wants to wipe out the other.
The problem, however, is that we believe in the state as our "church". Therefore what ever our sect believes must be true and godly while the other sect is demonic and ungodly and we are justified in what ever we do to defeat them.
Of course neither way is Godly!