Author Topic: how many would be interested in a new mexico state forum?  (Read 4913 times)

Offline wileynet

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
how many would be interested in a new mexico state forum?
« on: January 30, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »
new mexico is draw state for all big game hunting but reg and leftover hunts are usually not posted well i think a forum would be a great place for those announcements, as well as hunter success stories and rules laws that apply, also a great place for getting/giving hunt info in our state
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Huntsman 58,NEF 45/70 manlicher stock, H&R 308, 30-06, 12 ga, 20 ga, H&R 223, H&R 204 varmiter,H&R 243, H&R 44mag, SMLE No 1 MKIV,SMLE No4 MK1, Savage 110 7mm, Ruger BH 45LC, Security Six, SR9, S&W 22a, CVA MTN Rifle, Optima

Offline Northwoods

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: how many would be interested in a new mexico state forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 04:04:07 AM »
Stay away from New Mexico it's full of window lickers and water walkers.

About six months ago New Mexico hit the wall on trapping laws. I have presented two articles for you to read. The New Mexico House of Representatives passed this legislation by one vote (35 yes 34 no). My personal take is that the State caved into a tourist and non-hunting outdoor recreation image for the future, in other words an economic decision. The Arizona Trappers Association current strategy is to focus on the youth and public outreach, that trapping is a healthy endeavor. Trapping combines outdoor technical skills, survival tactics and commodities production in one art. What do you think after reading these two articles? Email me back with your opinions.  Ryan ATA member/president.

NEW MEXICO TRAPPING BAN SIGNED INTO LAW

By Sportsman’s Alliance: Posted on April 8, 2021

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham quietly signed New Mexico Senate Bill 32 into law this week after a political process that lacked transparency and basic democratic principles. The bill deals a major blow to trappers and North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.

Senate Bill 32 prohibits trapping on all public land in the state with few exceptions. Government agents working to resolve public safety issues, scientists conducting research and Native Americans can all still trap on public land.

The Sportsmen’s Alliance opposed Senate Bill 32 at every step of the legislative process and worked with a coalition of more than 20 organizations. Unfortunately, New Mexico’s legislature did not allow any in person meetings or provide opportunities for equitable input from opponents of SB 32. Effectively, the legislature passed a bill without any legitimate input from trappers, conservation officers or the New Mexico Fish and Game department.

The legislation was touted as a public safety bill to protect domestic dogs and, as a result, the bill passed at the expense of wildlife, the sportsmen’s community and the livelihoods of New Mexico’s ranching community. Even as these concerns were repeatedly raised by our coalition, not a single legitimate effort was made by either the house or the senate to amend the bill to limit the impacts on the above-mentioned groups. Multiple amendments were proposed, and all were turned down without any consideration. The process was stacked against our coalition from the start and activist legislators chose to protect the interest of animal-rights groups over the interests of the thousands of sportsmen and farmers, as well as the safety of New Mexico citizens.

“This process, conducted completely online, behind closed doors and in concert with animal-rights activists and organizations, made a mockery of the democratic process and raises grave concerns about the future of good-faith lawmaking efforts in New Mexico,” said Jacob Hupp, associate director of state services at the Sportsmen’s Alliance. “The future of science-based wildlife conservation in New Mexico is all but over if this has become their new legislative standard.”

About the Sportsmen’s Alliance: The Sportsmen’s Alliance protects and defends America’s wildlife conservation programs and the pursuits – hunting, fishing and trapping – that generate the money to pay for them. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation is responsible for public education, legal defense and research.  Its mission is accomplished through several distinct programs coordinated to provide the most complete defense capability possible.
I want movement, not a calm course of existence. I want excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love. I feel in myself a superabundance of energy which finds no outlet in our quiet life.”

― Leo Tolstoy