Author Topic: our minority problem  (Read 1338 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: our minority problem
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2021, 05:58:30 AM »
When you get down around Carlsbad into Pecos TX, the highways are a wrecking yard of wrecks.
Oil companies hiring illegals to drive water trucks, and making it dangerous on those 2 laners.

How do they ever get a CDL?
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2021, 06:34:06 AM »
If they stay within 125 miles of home base they don't need a CDL unless Texas law has changed.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline orerancher

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2021, 06:57:04 AM »
Most folks don't realize just how corrupt, and morally bankrupt Lyndon Baines Johnson really was.
Older Texans do.

Maybe off Topic, But...What did You Think of Former Tex. Senator Phil Gram?

Offline Dee

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2021, 07:22:57 AM »
Most folks don't realize just how corrupt, and morally bankrupt Lyndon Baines Johnson really was.
Older Texans do.

Maybe off Topic, But...What did You Think of Former Tex. Senator Phil Gram?

Many years ago some business men and citizens asked me to run for sheriff in a county I was living in at the time. A working cop doesn't have that kinda money, but the next thing I know, I've got folks putting down plenty of campaign funds, and one furnishing antique hotrod cars for an upcoming local parade.
Keep in mind the incumbent sheriff hadn't really done anything wrong, he just hadn't really done anything.
Well, I agreed provided there were no strings attached, and who should show up other than the Senator from Texas, Phil Graham.
He campaigned for me and a state candidate and was as helpful and congenial as anyone could ask.

The state candidate won his race, and the incumbent sheriff beat me by about 100 votes.

That's really about all I can say about Phil Graham, but he was well liked by the little man, and he helped me as much as he could. I was skeptical in the beginning of beating an incumbent, but I had some good folks backing me for all the right reasons, and Phil Graham until then didn't know anything about me other than what he'd been told.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2021, 09:07:30 AM »
thats the problem up here. The colleges and the indians ARE for the most part are the power in the democtratic party. We have lots of union miners up here too but since obama and the democrats putting such a clamp on mining  all over the country they probably swing more republican then democrat other then the union leaders. They know biden and the hiippy liberals want mines stopped as much as oil.
As far as the acts of American Indians towards the U.S. government, I look at it this way, what goes around comes around, so any misery the Indians may cause, pay backs are a bitch.

But as I was told by an Indian from Montana, any tense relations between Indians and the Caucasian pop. are brought on by the same type of god wannbe leaders in Indian politics that run the Democratic Party.
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2021, 03:45:55 AM »
As far as the acts of American Indians towards the U.S. government, I look at it this way, what goes around comes around, so any misery the Indians may cause, pay backs are a bitch.
   ..But seriously Bob, aren't we getting back to the old "reparations" line of reasonings?  How long should anyone hold a grudge?  Some are holding a grudge for over 150 years now. My first ancestor on this side of the Atlantic, was brought here as a POW of the English in1652, and kept in slavery for 7 years. Then he was, as a Scot..looked down upon, and blocks put in his way!  So should I be carrying a grudge? should I expect some kind of 'reparation' for my long ago ancestor's suffering?  Hey; perhaps he and I both benefitted by his not being sent back to the hungry Highlands!
   Same could be said for those brought over from sub equatorial Africa..are they personally better off here, or would they be better off now if they lived in Tanzania or Zimbabwe?  Perhaps some of them should be paying 'reparations' to the rest of us...out of gratitude.  ;)  ;D ;D

But as I was told by an Indian from Montana, any tense relations between Indians and the Caucasian pop. are brought on by the same type of god wannbe leaders in Indian politics that run the Democratic Party.

Any treachery or warlike tendancies are not confined to one side or another..there are plenty of examples of each, coming from both th enatives and European groups.  ..Plus all in all, the North American natives have generally been better treated than many conquered peoples have, in that they get a choice..to live on a sovereign reservation, or go ahead and meld into the general population.  THat is much better than most Indian tribes did to one another.    

Frankly, I believe that the best and only logical answer would be to quit the griping, say that was "long ago and far away from today's reality"..  Then "forgive and forget"...and start to live beyond all that turmoil.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)