Author Topic: anyone have one of the new tarrus 9mms?  (Read 599 times)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
anyone have one of the new tarrus 9mms?
« on: January 31, 2022, 10:02:45 PM »
I see palmetto had  them for 259 bucks and a 25 dollar rebate on top of that. Now i need another 9mm like a hole in the head but at that price it might pay to pick a couple up for beaters. They even come with 3 mags. If you look at the price of glock and M&P mags thats almost half the price of the gun
blue lives matter

Offline scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: anyone have one of the new tarrus 9mms?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 08:17:19 AM »
Lloyd, check Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo. They are listing the G3C for under $200.00 after rebate. I don’t need another 9mm, either, but I’m tempted. I just bought a G3, and it’s been flawless.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 08:52:05 AM »
thats even cheaper then palmetto. thanks.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »
Gotta say after owning perhaps close to a dozen Taurus guns over the years, a Taurus anything does NOT entice me in the least. At least half had to go back for major repairs and two had to be completely replaced as they couldn't be fixed.

Customer service was horrible.

Nope if they offered them for 50 cents and the deal was I had to keep and use them I'd turn them down.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 11:06:51 AM »
Gotta say after owning perhaps close to a dozen Taurus guns over the years, a Taurus anything does NOT entice me in the least. At least half had to go back for major repairs and two had to be completely replaced as they couldn't be fixed.

Customer service was horrible.

Nope if they offered them for 50 cents and the deal was I had to keep and use them I'd turn them down.

I was waiting on somebody to state the obvious. As a pistol Smith I've had several brought to me over the years. I refused to work on'em. The metallurgy sucked back then, and the fit wasn't much better. But, you get what you pay for.
Auto pistols have have never been cheaper, but a $200.00 new gun is a $100.00 gun used. Fired or not.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 10:32:11 PM »
guess my attraction was the 200 dollar price. For that kind of money if it doesnt run well i can give it away and not feel bad. Ive had 1000 dollar 1911s that i considered a pos. It wouldnt be a gun id conceal carried or trusted my life to. Just a gun to blast at the range. If it turned out after a 1000 rounds to be reliable then maybe id stick it in a go bag or something. But for the most part i already have my ccw guns for different situations. A tarrus isnt replacing one of those proven guns. Even if it goes a 1000 rounds trouble free. But for 200 bucks to practice range drills saves wear and tear on other good guns and heck you can never have to many guns anyway. I scoffed at ruger lcps and lc9s too when they first came out because ruger semi autos over the years have done poorly for me and i about consider them junk but the lcps i own have ran flawlusly and my wifes lc9 runs ammo that even my 43 glock doesnt like and my shields detest. Like many ive had some crap from tarrus in the past but had two real good ones. A 85 snubby that always went bang and a tarrus copy of a 92 berreta that shot thousands of rounds and ate everything i put in it.
blue lives matter

Offline phalanx

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 10:15:06 AM »
How about SIG?
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 10:36:38 AM »
If I ever want another automatic it'll be a Sig.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 10:41:26 AM »
I have a Taurus 22lr tracker with interchangeable cylinders.It’s been good for years now. Just like Rugers some good some not.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 01:14:39 PM »
The few Taurus handguns I've had
were decent guns and I had no
problems with them.
That said, they were all manufactured
and purchased 25+ years ago
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 01:33:11 PM »
My understanding is Taurus quality has improved. They aren't my last choice in pistols, but they're close.
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2022, 09:43:51 PM »
i wont argue against a sig. Probably the finest semi auto pistol made. but im not looking for a carry gun or a fighting gun. My thoughts for this was a cheap plinker and maybe to ride in my polaris ranger. Just a beater. It surely wouldnt even be a consideration for a one and only gun to defend myself or family with.
blue lives matter

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 09:45:14 PM »
it couldnt be any worse then the couple p89 rugers i owned.
I have a Taurus 22lr tracker with interchangeable cylinders.It’s been good for years now. Just like Rugers some good some not.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 02:51:29 AM »
i wont argue against a sig. Probably the finest semi auto pistol made. but im not looking for a carry gun or a fighting gun. My thoughts for this was a cheap plinker and maybe to ride in my polaris ranger. Just a beater. It surely wouldnt even be a consideration for a one and only gun to defend myself or family with.

Then it would likely suit your needs.
Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 View List

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 02:58:37 AM »
i already blew all my gun money this last week anyway. It would have to wait till i build it back up. By then something else will proabably catch my attention anyway. As it is i have A bunch of 9mms anyway.
blue lives matter