Author Topic: Fertilizer  (Read 443 times)

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Fertilizer
« on: March 03, 2022, 06:18:13 AM »
I heard yesterday that Russia made 80% of all amonium nitrate fertilizer in the world.  They supplied Europe, India, Africa, and China with it.  It is made from natural gas and nitrogen. 

Thank Biden for restricting drilling, fracking, offshore drilling, and pipeline construction.  This affects fertilizer, glass production, 52% of American homes, restaurant cooking, boilers used in the laundry industry, manufacturing, glass making, smelting of soft metals like aluminum, copper, zinc, etc.   Also, plastics and medicines are made from oil and coal.  Synthetic clothing and materials also.   

Windmills, solar panels, and electric cars are fine, but there is far more use of fossil fuels than just power production and vehicles.  The libs are hell bent on stopping use of fossil fuels, they forget everything else. 

There is always a happy middle ground.  Don't stop fossil fuels, and keep prices low and stable.  In the meantime you can build windmills and solar panels where they do the most good.  Upgrade the power grid first, and make it EMP proof as well as hacking proof. 
Opelika Portal
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online Mule 11

Re: Fertilizer
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 06:28:51 AM »
You are making suggestions that may help Americans in some way. Never gonna happen.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 06:47:53 AM »
Add the US to the fertilizer list. Many years ago the area just to the east of Carlsbad, NM was the major producer of potash in the US and provided lots of high paying jobs. The Carlsbad railroad yard was the second highest tonnage yard in the US, just below Chicago. Then the Russian potash hit the market and put a big hurt on the US potash industry. Most of the mines are now closed. I spent a couple of years in underground maintenance in one of those that is still in business but it had the highest percentage of sylvite ore of any mine there, about twice as high as the others. It was also over twice as deep at 1700 feet while the others were a little over 700 if I remember right. At the time I was employed there the mine sent 10 tons of ore to the refinery every 90 seconds, the time it took to load, travel out of the mine, and dump. One skip was going up loaded while the other was coming down to be loaded.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 11:11:07 AM »
Here is what google turned up on wheat exports for me.

The Top Wheat Exporting And Importing Countries In The World
Rank   Country   Export of wheat, flour, and wheat products in 2015/2016, (in 1,000 metric tons)   Country   Import of wheat, flour, and wheat products in 2015/2016, (in 1,000 metric tons)
1   European Union   33,000   
2   Russia   24,500   
3   Canada   22,500   
4   United States   21,200   
5   Australia   16,300   
6   Ukraine   15,800   
7   Argentina   8,800   
8   Kazakhstan   
9   Turkey   5,500   
10   Mexico   1,300   

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 11:21:14 AM »
Russia obviously want's Ukraine's raw materials.  They could care less about the cities.  Food and raw materials like metals and such.  They also want to stop NATO and the European Union's expansion eastward.  At least the EU is capitalist. 
Opelika Portal

Offline DDZ

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 01:36:11 PM »
You are making suggestions that may help Americans in some way. Never gonna happen.

Yeah really. Our government now is only doing things to punish, and hurt Americans.  You can bet a case of hundreds that nothing will be done to help America prosper.

The American Farm Bureau said in December stating that the cost of some fertilizers increased 300 percent in 21.  Think the farmers are going to just soak up the cost of that?   Just a 40lb bag of 10-10-10 is now $15 to $20   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 02:21:53 PM »
Think the farmers are going to just soak up the cost of that? 

Pretty Much...Calf Price is what the Packer Buyers are Payin....

Online Mule 11

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »
Think the farmers are going to just soak up the cost of that? 

Pretty Much...Calf Price is what the Packer Buyers are Payin....
Maybe should be going straight to the local market and cut out the “calf price buyers”

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 01:09:29 AM »
there was a web site i looked at a while back that listed everything that pretrolem is in that we buy and bottom line is its in more things then its not. The left thinks banning gas cars will stop our dependence on oil. They dont realize they use it every day even when there tapping on there cell phones
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 01:38:33 AM »
there was a web site i looked at a while back that listed everything that pretrolem is in that we buy and bottom line is its in more things then its not. The left thinks banning gas cars will stop our dependence on oil. They dont realize they use it every day even when there tapping on there cell phones

Yeah, the climate change fanatics area clueless, ignorant bunch.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 01:57:37 AM »
The American farmer produces commodities. They don't set the price of their products, the commodity traders do. It is the same for petroleum producers. It seems very few understand that. Last year was a very good one for cotton farmers as cotton was in short supply unlike most years and the traders were offering good prices, very good prices. This is a good time for oil producers due to the short sightedness of our current idiot sitting in the president's chair. It's all supply and demand. When the supply is larger than the demand the consumer wins and when it lower the seller wins.

Manufacturers sell their product for what they think the market will bear, farmers sell their product for what the trader is offering.