A-Bolt
23 (25.3%)
One of there many shotguns
31 (34.1%)
Handguns
7 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: October 25, 2005, 12:48:09 PM

Author Topic: Browning Guns  (Read 27525 times)

Offline coyote trapper1928

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • North Country Outdoors
Re: Browning Guns
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 06:40:08 PM »
Browning BSS  and the Browning Black Duck
coyote trapper1928

Offline LEO

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »
I really enjoy my BL-22 have had it since I was 11 a pickup truck probably wouldn't haul the ammo that has been shot thorugh it with zero problems.  I also have a soft spot for the Hi-power.

Offline 454Puma

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 03:19:51 PM »
Though I didn't make the cut for the survey I'll chime in -Alway had a great love for A5 shotguns!
Now I own two  12 ga  Mag and a Sweet 16 that my Dad owned. Best swinging, lightest recoiling firearm I've ever own! Life doesn't get any better! ;D
One shot , One Kill

Offline Bushwalker

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 09:22:55 AM »
I have a Browning 308 BLR, since 1968, shot 16 moose and several Black bears and a couple of White tails. Wouldn't trade it for something else. Shoots as good as the day I received it from a friend from Indiana. Shoots 1 1/2 - 0 - @ 150 yards.

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2006, 02:45:34 PM »
Food for thought,, a M2 Heavy Barrell Machine Gun (MA DEUCE) when fired foward from a Hummer(H1) real hummer.. will slow from 50 mph to 30 mph in a hurry! Just like you put on the brakes. Hummer drivers know what direction the gun is fireing by the effect on the vehicle.  also acts as a turbo when fired to the rear! WEEEEEEE....I miss my 50. They(ARMY) wont let you take it with you when you leave.

Offline akr

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »
I have a Buck Mark that i like to look at and fondle...I haven't shot it yet, but it sure feels good in the hand.  ;)

Offline Drugstore Cowboy

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
I have a Buck Mark that i like to look at and fondle...

"Happyness is a warn gun in my hand"

Have an A5 that has seen a great deal of use over 40 years. More recently I managed to get 7 1885s as they were going out of production.

Offline josie wales

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 11:27:11 AM »
I have three Brownings. My first was a Light Twenty I bought in 1964. It shot a lot of rounds it is still a great gun. My second was my Dads and my Grandfathers. A solid matted rib FNA that still shoots great. It does not handle buckshot or slugs unless you shoot ol' punkin ball slugs. I also have a Sweet 16 that was my Dads. We hunted rabbits with our Beagles every weekend and we all used Brownings. It was quite a sight,at the fire.with all the Brownings lined up resting on trees. I never had a Browning fail to fire or jam. One time the bolt to my twenty was so frozen I could not open it it but when the bunny came by it operated with out a flaw. All our Brownings were Belgium made. My son has a Japan model and it's just ok. He loves his BPS better than the A-5. I tell my wife heaven for me has a pair of my best beagles and my LT.20,running a rabbit in a Hemlock swamp,on snowshoes to boot! If there is a better gun than the Belgium A-5 I would like to see it.

Offline The Gamemaster

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 03:51:39 PM »
I came from a family of Remington owners that has more than 50 Remington rifles.

All of my old , used rifles are Remingtons.

How ever, all of my new guns are Brownings.

I started out with a Browning Gold Hunter 12 Gauge 3 1/2 inch chamber that I bought at a gun shop new on their ding and dent rack.  It was a demo gun that some rep from Browning used at gun shows and was never fired.

It worked great until one day out in the field when a piece of aluminum came out of the reciever and held back the fired round and also tried to feed a live round into the action at the same time.

I had to tear it apart out in the field and after the hunt, I took it back to where I bought it and they wanted to know if I still had the piece of aluminum that came out of the reciever.

I didn't and they said that there isn't anything wrong with the gun, but I do not trust it now - because I still think that there is going to be more problems down the road.

Pennsylvania quit stocking phesants this year and I carred it for several weeks and never fired a shot since the gun broke last year.

I also bought a BPR - 300 Winchester Magnum back before they quit making them.
The barrel is one of the most accurate ones I have ever owned and it shoots 3/4 moa at 200 yards

The only problem I see with the gun is that they didn't put the forearm release in the right place and I missed a trophy buck because the action came open when I went to pull the trigger.

I think that they tried to compete against Remington price wise and lost.  Now the Remingtons are $550 - $600 and they do not make any in a Magnum.  So they kept the price of the Remington down until they quit making them - now Remington gets the same price or even more than what Browning wanted to get for their BPR!

I also own a 270 WSM A bolt medallion  rifle that is a very nice gun, but not what Winchester claims that a short magnum is supposted to be.  I bought it on a dare and still havent found a use for it that my 270 Winchester - 760 Gamemaster can't do better.

I also bought a BPS 10 gauge that has a steel reciever and is about as heavy a gun as I will ever own.  One of the most beautiful guns that I ever saw.  I bought it new / used from a local dealer that had two of them and I swapped the long barrel for a short one and my brother uses it every spring for turkeys.  I do not believe that the origional owner ever shot it so that is why I still consider it to be a new gun.

Offline dpastordan

• Avid Poster
  • Shooting firearms since 1962
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2007, 09:38:21 AM »
 ???  I just picked up a BLR in .270 and a BAR Long Trac in 7mm Rem. Mag.  I scoped them both.  I have a Weaver V3 on the .270 and a Hunter 3X12 on the BAR.  I have zeroed both in.  I can't say enough about either one.  I will say that the BAR's recoil was much softer than I expected.  It could be that the rifle is heavier, uses the gas in operation, and the recoil pad is better designed to manage recoil.  I have a single shot Rossi in .30-06 that comes back hard because it is a lighter gun.  I will say this

- the BAR will be my favorite long range hunting rifle. 
   - the BLR will be my favorite woods and intermediate hunting rifle.

Offline 454Puma

• A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
josie wales
    I find my Sweet Sixteen swings as good on the dove as any 20ga I've used before! Followup shots are just as fast and the 16 ga thumps the birds as good as my 12 ga! Though its a full choke- I might start looking for a barrel with choke tubes but being a 16 ga it will probaly super hard to find. Even though I'd rather be shooting an A5 over anything else!
One shot , One Kill

Offline roscoe

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 12:36:02 PM »
A-bolt Stainless Stalker in 243 winchester.Mine will shoot under an inch at 100 yds till the cows come home! ;D

Offline Dustyvance

• Avid Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 06:25:30 PM »
I have a 30-06 BAR, its a VERY nice older style, but I have a Q for ya'll . It kicks like a mule and sounds like a cannon. I use Win. 150gr. power points. It doesn't have a muzzle Brake. What do I do?

Offline Skunk

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 03:09:36 PM »
When I was a teen (back in the Colony days), my friend had a Belgium Auto 5 that his dad let him use, and I had a Remington 1100 that of course I had to buy on my own. I was always envious even though mine was brand new and his was very used, but that Auto 5 just looked good and it shot and handled like a dream come true. I asked my friend's dad if he wanted to trade even up for my new 1100, but he just laughed. :D

Now-a-days, it's the BAR Safari that I'm a wanting and you guys aren't helping much by describing your fine Browning rifles and shotguns. I want that Safari in 30-06 w/BOSS. I have the BOSS on a M70 Classic Sporter and that rifle shoots bugholes (shoots bullets too  ;) )
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline stevinator

• Avid Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »
B-80 20 ga semi-auto.Everybody that shoots it loves it.

Offline Malckom

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
Do any of you have one or have any info on Browning Invector BPS Special Steel Game Gun Model 20.5

Offline Modoc

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38:42 PM »
Well, Yesterday I traded into an almost new Browning Gold 12 - 3-1/2" ;D  We shall see how it does for my modern shotgunning needs.  My other two Brownings are a pair of B-92 Carbines in .357 Mag and .44 Mag.  They are my primary rifles for Cowboy Action Shooting and sweet to shoot.

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 03:33:07 PM »
Yesterday I bought a z bolt micro chunter in .308. it fits like a glove ! I also have a .358 blr and an o6 bar that has neveer failed me.

Offline Happy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »
Yesterday I bought a z bolt micro chunter in .308. it fits like a glove ! I also have a .358 blr and an o6 bar that has neveer failed me.

Now give us a report on your new308W gun the X micro Hunter in you X bolt post .

Offline jbmi

• Avid Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »
Seems as if I've always owned a Browning something or other.
Right now I have a nice
Citori XT, 12ga
Citori Grade III, 12ga
BPS 12 ga Stalker,
BPS 12ga Pigeon Grade, 
BPS 20ga Upland Special.
Gold Sporting Clays 12ga semi-auto,
Stainless Stalker left hand in 7mm-08 (  one of my most accurate rifles)
I've never had problems with any of them.

Offline roscoe

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 04:02:19 PM »
Picked up an X-Bolt Varminter in 243 Win. Before the Nov.2010 Deer Opener and she's another Tack Driver. Love the new Triggers too.

;D 8)

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
The 3 loves I have in my life are:
1. Browning Hi Power-never let me down, shoots great
2. Browning xbolt composite in 7-08.
3. last, my wife of 48 years.

Offline cowboy66

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 06:31:57 AM »
I have three I'll never part with, BBR .300 win. mag., BLR .243, and my granddads light 12.

Offline 454Puma

• A Real Regular
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »
I now have three of the finest shotguns ever made- Belguin A5's !!  My Dads Sweet 16, a Mag 12 and my most recent a Light 12!  My Brother the lucky dog fell into a Mag 20 Belguin! ;D  The only one we need for a fall set is the Light 20.  It only took me 20 years to get my first the 12 Mag then three days later my Dad called me up and said come get the Sweet.  I always loved that gun shot it a couple times when I was a youngin and fell in love with the A5.  Dad took tons of rabbits and ringnecks with it!  ;D
One shot , One Kill