Author Topic: Transitioning to alternative energy Part 3, other sources.  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Transitioning to alternative energy Part 3, other sources.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2022, 04:11:08 PM »
Where was all this hate?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2022, 05:20:48 PM »
TM7 sees the world not thru rose colored glasses but rather thru black tinted glasses. At times I fear that tint completely blinds him.

Both TM7 and Lloyd need to take a break from attack mode.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2022, 10:23:17 PM »
gosh so many big words ;)
Ok. Once again we are watching the twisted meltdown of Lloyd. Who in their right mind would argue against wise stewardship of our planet's environment? The stewardship of the Creation is clearly ordained in the Bible as Lloyd gleefully ignores.
But Lloyd, ever the willfully ignorant vulgar philistine, insist on arguing the most unwise reprobate nonsense I have ever witnessed wrapped in hateful personalized rhetoric and half-baked reason.
It's sad to see a person decline to this level of uncivility and gaps of reason.
I only hope local authorities and relatives keep a watchful eye on him regarding his hate tantrums not getting out of control  and he hurts somebody or himself. Indeed, his meltdowns do seem to be getting worse and more menacing.
blue lives matter

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2022, 08:01:28 AM »
kind of reminds me of the little heat powered fan i have on my propane heater in the loading room. But it spins a bit faster. scale it up to the size of the empire state building and maybe it will power a 600 watt generator. The world is saved the the ice is refreezing and all the little animals are chearing.
blue lives matter

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2022, 08:31:30 AM »
Forgive me if I'm late to the party, but did we already cover reducing consumption, and using some other transition process that does not involve fully destroying and salting the earth of current energy sources BEFORE the alternative is up and ready for prime time?

I live in a greenie's nightmare - solar and wind are non-starters, and I can't even burn wood due to insurance requirements, so if the grid goes down (as it does often during the long dark cold winter) I'll be burning oil, kerosene, unleaded and propane alternately or simultaneously. And I have no issues with that ... although I am replacing fixtures with lower consumption versions, already reduced my electric consumption significantly.
held fast

Offline phalanx

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2022, 09:23:05 AM »
We went 100% LED lighting and that dropped our power bill significantly. Plus they work better and last longer.
Using a roof swamp cooler for an AC source.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2022, 11:07:39 AM »
TNel....

The Brillioun HHT demonstration claimed 100watt input yielded a 252 watt output sustained with a little Helium produced,  and it is easily scaleable. In fact, they think the first commercial application is for heating situations much like yours. Once fueled run time could be 10 to 20 years between refueling.
Understanding the science requires a little more comprehension of E=MC² than once understood.
Kinda exciting, isn't it?

. (Incidentally for now, wouldn't your insurance company approve wood pellet heating appliances; or outside the home remote wood fired boilers plumbed into your existing hot water system?)
HHT does sound promising. I confess I remain skeptical in this way, it would take something other than .gov or big energy to develop it to a readily available cost effective product.

As for those alternative wood based options, pretty sure wood pellet is out as well, but the remote boiler is an interesting idea.
held fast

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2022, 11:34:47 AM »
My solid wood stove was 1 of the reasons my (insurance)? Co. Dropped me. Been saving money on heating and insurance for the last 15 years. Pretty soon I’ll be able to buy another house with my savings. Hey, insurance co. Can ya see me with my sign language towards you? It sure as shooting doesn’t mean your #1... Damned thieves...

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2022, 01:31:32 PM »
If cold fusion ever happens, the patent will be bought up by some big corporation and tabled, especially some oil company, solar or wind energy company, or a traditional power manufacturer. 

I found out that the wind in west Texas can produce about 1/3 of Texas' power needs.  HOWEVER it can only deliver 8% of what it can produce because they never built all the transmission lines to get it to east Texas.  Also, they didn't add the large battery systems needed to save the power when it was not needed and release it when it is needed. 

This is the problem with gung ho building of windmills.  You also have to build the battery and transmission lines to get the power to where it is needed.  They also need to fold up during bad weather like tornados and hurricanes to keep them from blowing over.  This wasn't done on a lot of the early windmills. 

Even Elon Musk said you could build a 100 mile x 100 mile array of solar panels in the Nevada desert and power the entire country.  HOWEVER again, it can't transmit the power to the east coast and it would have to have a huge bank of batteries to store the power for night use.  It is therefore impractical.  He even said we need to build the pipelines and drill for more oil.  He is practical and pragmatic. 
Opelika Portal

Offline oldandslow2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2022, 04:46:02 AM »
Some recent statistics from New Mexico where our little troll in charge is doing her damndest to turn us into a windmill and solar panel powered state. She is after the coal fired PNM plant at San Juan and wanted it shut down two years ago but it hasn't happened yet. Recently the numbers came out for electrical use this slightly hotter than normal summer and guess what? Green energy, aka windmills and solar panels, supplied just 5% of the power. If not for the PNM plant much of NM would have been without enough power to operate.

She is also determined to do away with the petroleum industry in the state although it generates about 40% of the state's budget. While in state she touts the industry's importance and also that of the generating plant. She gleefully undermines them with the feds and buys completely into their green agenda. The state even flies a fleet of helicopters to detect methane emissions in the oil producing areas and the feds are going to duplicate it. More wasted tax dollars.

Colorado is now known as California East and she is doing everything she can to turn us into California South East. We have a good opponent that recognizes the real world running against her in this fall's election. I fear the norther liberals though. They see the world thru TM7's ultra black glasses.

There is a commercial running on the Albuquerque TV stations that shows a windmill with the caption "100% percent emissions free". Um, has anyone ever seen the equipment to haul these things to their site, the equipment to erect one, the equipment to build, haul, and erect the power lines to carry the current they generate, power the factory to build them, or what it take to ship them to our country? 100% emissions free my happy rear end. try telling that to a greenie and yo just receive "duh" look.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2022, 11:28:43 AM »
Our Governor has her head up her azz.  She’s more interested in weed shop revenue , they are popping up everywhere. And being this close to Texas , they come over here and spend a lot of money buying weed. Heck,
It’s being grown and packaged right here in NM.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline oldandslow2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »
O & S....,

Looking thru black glasses. Huh?

You must be confused again. I'm totally for fossil fuel and energy independence. I don't believe in global warming as legacy media sells it. But I am against terraforming, geo-engineering, chemtrailing and weather/climate weaponization. I embrace
CO² as the life giving gas on earth.
And at the same time I have an interest in any scientific research that is better and cost efficient. If it pans out such research allows me to be more free and happy, I'm for it. Afterall, that is the essence of conservatism - - becoming more free and having more liberty. We'll just have to see how HHT cold fusion pans out. You can bet the military, and the Chinese are paying attent

And don't even think about lumping me in with your NM libber politics. I have nothing to do with that mess and your projected angst. Probably you should blame yourselves for moping around and complaining when you should have been activating.

I wasn't the first to state that you looked at the world thru black glasses but you didn't contest him.

I don't think you are for the greenie agenda but I do think you post a lot of off the wall stuff.

As to blaming someone believe this. We conservatives don't vote for the liberal dummies that control this state. Southeastern NM is ultra conservative but we are a sparce population in this corner of the state and are seriously outnumbered by the rest of the state. A little over a fourth of the population lives in Albuquerque. The towns running down the Rio Grande corridor have the big majority of the voters and they are liberals. Even Los Cruses is getting that way. With the democrats in control of the state they gerrymandered the voting districts to where a conservative will never be elected. It's been challenged in the State Supreme Court but all five of the members are democrats so nothing will change.

Offline oldandslow2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2022, 12:44:01 PM »
Our Governor has her head up her azz.  She’s more interested in weed shop revenue , they are popping up everywhere. And being this close to Texas , they come over here and spend a lot of money buying weed. Heck,
It’s being grown and packaged right here in NM.

Sure it is and all it takes is $5000 dollars for a permit and approval by them that you are growing it exactly as they want. Hobbs is turning flips over their amount of sales. TAX DOLLARS! Hooray. There was another article about it in today's paper. I bet the majority of buyers are from Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, and all the small towns around. I guess the Lovington crowd thinks it is simpler to just drive to Hobbs or buy it on the street than anyone to open a pot shop as we don't have one-----yet.