Author Topic: The Scrap Pile Camera  (Read 444 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
The Scrap Pile Camera
« on: October 29, 2022, 03:06:58 AM »
Now I'm going to add this new thread of images from my scrap pile camera. Overall image quality from this one isn't as good as from the other cameras but I get a different group of critters on it.

This one is so named because it's looking at where my son throws out the table scraps for critters to clean up.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
Re: The Scrap Pile Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 03:10:06 AM »
Yeah I seem to get a lot of photos of dogs, also cats plus mostly night visiting wild critters like possums, coons and foxes, LOTS of foxes.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 03:16:51 AM »
Another group of visitors checking out the scrap pile.

You might notice here that the scrap pile camera also overlooks my 25 yard line and the various metal targets I have set up there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 05:59:43 AM »
those all your dogs? Neighbors dogs? or are they wild?.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 08:31:50 AM »
They are definitely NOT my dogs. I don't know if they belong to a neighbor or not. If so I don't think they are from a close neighbor.

One one side that neighbor has a full fence surrounding his place. He has one dog that barks about 23.5 hours a day/night but can't get out of the fence. On the other side no fence but so far as I know the next door neighbor has no dogs, at least none allowed to run free. Now the next one over from him I don't know those folks so don't know what dog or dogs they might have.

One or two have collars but most don't seem to. That huge white or light tan one I've seen only at night on the camera at the scrap pile and nowhere else. The two that run together have been visiting for a couple years or more.

I have no clue who they belong to. If I did I'd be tempted to call the Sheriff's office about it. That is one thing I give them credit for doing, them will have a talk with dog owner's that in the past has sure stopped me seeing that dog again.

We have a lease law and every single one of them I get on my cameras is a violation of that law and if after a warning the owner doesn't control them they can be fined a very large fine.

I'm not a dog or cat owner and do not wish other people's dogs or cats to be on my land. Just this morning while we were eating breakfast two cats came into our front yard, the yellow and white one and a black and white one. Both ran away when I opened the front door.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 04:16:41 AM »
We have a leash law here and it gets ignored just like yours does. There are three different ones that come prowling around. Two are buddies and always stay together. So far a loud holler sends them packing.

We don't have red foxes here and are they all that skinny? We have grays and they are slender but hairy so they look sturdier than your red does. I haven't seen one in the last several months but they are much less afraid of you then the three feral cats I sometimes see. Step out the door and the cats disappear. The fox will look you over and sometimes just stand there for awhile if you stay still. I had a male sit and pose while I walked up pretty close to him early one foggy fall morning and took his picture. Then he got up and just walked off into the tall grass. That is another picture I lost because I was lazy.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 04:53:33 AM »
Stray dogs get caught in a live trap, and the dog police are called to come and get them.  Pitbulls caught in live trap don't get a phone call. They get a ride.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 12:07:12 PM »
Yeah the red foxes are that skinny here. They and the feral cats are quite spooky and are gone at the first sign of a human. The foxes thou seem to just go far enough to be hidden and will come back out soon after the human presence is gone.

Some of the dogs coming around here are way bigger than my trap could hold. The night time visiting dog that looks white and the larger of the two that run together are both far bigger than my trap could hold.

It is a felony in Alabama to harm a dog or cat so of course I can't harm them if I catch them and must release them so I stay legal.

Our lease laws are ignored by everyone but if you know the owner and can prove it the county sheriff deputies will sure give them a talking to and explain that the next time a complain is filed what the fine and jail time for them is. I've only had to do that once so far but I sure never saw that dog again. I'm sure if I knew who the owner's of them were I could be rid of these

Dog owner's here are required to have a collar on them with their name and contact info on it, cat owner's too. But hardly anyone does it. That collar is also supposed to have a tag attached showing current rabies shot info but that is also totally ignored even by folks who put a collar on their animals.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 04:03:15 AM »
Same ol', same ol' here. You will get in more trouble harming a dog or a cat than for beating up your wife here.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 06:17:20 AM »
We have a feral cat law here. If they are 500 feet away from the nearest farmyard they are fair game. The law was pushed by bird lovers.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.