Author Topic: The Plunk Test  (Read 273 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
The Plunk Test
« on: January 15, 2023, 12:46:43 PM »
Ever use this test?

reloader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PrzKb0yEks
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Plunk Test
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 04:33:57 AM »
I have done that before. especially when using an off brand bullet. Like a plated bullet for instance. I just always make sure the round I'm loading seats in the barrel correctly.  One of the first things I learned when I got into hand loading is that you can't always go by OAL unless you are using the bullet listed in the manual. Every different brand of bullet or weight has a different ogive.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 05:01:52 AM »
Every time I load a batch of ammunition. It only takes a second, and I like to ensure that everything is feeding and chambering correctly before loading a bunch of ammo.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 05:10:30 AM »
for semi autos l buy a chamber gauge You cant really see with them if the round goes all the way in and its just easier to use. When i loading a large batch of ammo i check about every couple hundred rounds. I would hate to admit the times ive loaded 500 or more rounds to find out they wont run in one of my guns. I have a chamber guage in 223 308 300bo 300hmr and 6.5 grendel. Pistols are much easier. You can just pull the barrel out and use it.
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List