Author Topic: hunting in lake eufaula area  (Read 1814 times)

Offline robin-hood-90

• Trade Count: (0)
hunting in lake eufaula area
« on: December 31, 2004, 04:10:17 AM »
My grandpa owns a summer home on lake eufaula, and I was wondering about the cost and availability of non resident tags and licenses{deer}, also, is there any public land in that area.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 04:27:22 AM »
TAGS? :eek:  In Alabama? :eek:

Ya gotta be kidding. We don't need no stinking tags. Limit is one buck per day from Oct. 15 (bow season opener) to Jan. 31 when season ends. Gun season always starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving. With bow the daily bag limit is two per day with no more than one being a buck but both can be does. I think down in that area doe days run the full season for gun hunters so that means on private land you can take two deer per day with no more than one a buck.

There is a Wildlife Refuge very close which is bow only for deer. Barbour WMA is fairly close.

Check out the Alabama DFWF web site:

http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/hunting/

Nonresident full season all game license is $250. A ten day trip license is half that at $125 and a three day trip license is only $75. There is an additional $15 to hunt in WMAs.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MtJerry

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 05:25:34 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Limit is one buck per day from Oct. 15 (bow season opener) to Jan. 31 when season ends.

Did I say I miss Alabama .....  :(
:D