Author Topic: 7mmBRM  (Read 2729 times)

Offline 7bru

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
7mmBRM
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 02:36:17 PM »
that would be a 24 inch encore. what kind of velocity are you getting. is h4350 temp sensitive. by the way I never did try the 375 win brass. i never could find someone to give me somefor free. BRU

Offline onesonek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
7mmBRM
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »
Hi 7
Yes it is a 24" Encore, and yes h4350 is of the "extreme" line supposedly insensitive to temprature. I was just shy of 2700 fps at the end of that load ramp with 39.5 grs.
Dave
PS. if I get time, i'm going to chrony that load at 30 or 40 degreesand see if any significant changes occur, it was 70^ when I shot that load.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
7mmBRM
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2004, 05:53:13 PM »
onesonek, I'm just now seeing this thread again since our exchange back in February. Sorry.

I'll try to remember to see what the water capacity of both a 7-30 and 7-08 case is tomorrow. Won't promise I won't forget but I'll try not to.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
7mmBRM
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 06:15:47 AM »
GB,
I forgot to ask, what is the case capacity (H2O) of your 7-30 Waters to the neck?

I'm not 100% sure when you ask about "to the neck" if you mean trying to stop at the juncture of neck and shoulder or not. But I find it difficult to be sure you're at the right spot here so I ALWAYS fill the case to top of neck. I believe MOST if not all folks agree this is the place to measure from.

Measured empty a sized and ready to load 7-30 case formed from an RP .30-30 case weighted 136.6 grains. Filled to top of neck with water it weight 184.0 or a water capacity of 47.4 grains. I chose the RP case so it would be more compatible with the RP 7-08 case I also measured. The 7-08 case weighted 169.6 grains empty and 224.7 filled with water for a water capacity of 55.1 grains.

GB, They measured 42.3 grs. H2O to the neck.
On

Was this measured to TOP of case neck as I did? If not could you do that and report your findings? Your number is less than that for the 7-30 which makes me think you stopped somewhere down inside the case. I'm sure your case has more capacity measured as I did than that. The 7-30 is really quite close to the 7-08 in total capacity but must operate at lower pressures.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline onesonek

• A Real Regular
7mmBRM
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 01:34:52 PM »
Hi Bill,
  I understand what your saying, And most reloading programs figure the case filled to the top. I still do the old way by seating a bullet to where the neck meets the shoulder, (for comparision). Otherwise,(using the old Powley) I seat the bullet to actual seating depth, dictated by magizine or lands. My measurement was from neck/shoulder juncture, on the 7BRM. I'll just re-weigh it to the top for compairsion. Thanks
Dave

Offline lazyi

EABCO BRM's
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2004, 10:55:11 PM »
Hello onesonek! I have recently purchased from EABCO a BF pistol in 6.5 BRM and am very happy after going to the range a few times! I actually keep a 3/4" group with the baby at 100 yds. with my 13" barrel!  :-) Had 3 riflemen up and leave last time out coz I out shot them. Ooops! I think I'll keep her! ANyways I'm thinkin bout gettin the rifle version in 7-BRM Hell, you seem to be happy with it! Have a good one, Ron.

Offline onesonek

• A Real Regular
7mmBRM
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2004, 01:55:13 AM »
I'm not the the pistol shot as I am rifle, but it is fun too watch guys blood pressure go up at the range like you stated :wink:  The 6.5 BRM has won many of matches, and is great round also!
Yes, I love my 7BRM. It is one that I'll never trade or sell. It is simply, way too fun shoot.
Dave

Offline 7bru

• Avid Poster
7mmBRM
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2004, 05:30:29 AM »
lazyi, are you shooting vv n160 in your gun. I have a 7 brm in a 15 inch bf pistol. it really likes 160 hpbt gamekings. what kind of velocity are you getting out of that 13 inch barrel.  I was thinking of getting a 97d in a 6 brm.  BRU

Offline lazyi

6.5 BRM
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2004, 07:34:31 AM »
Well I'm not sure of my velocities as of yet. My friend has a chrony but we haven't been able to get the same days off recently. As far as powder goes though, I wanted to try some 4064 IMR since I already had some and as it turns out, it works very well in this gun. I went up as far as 29.0 grns. and began seeing the primers bulge a tad but had great accuracy. I backed off to 28.5 and I'm just right!  :agree: VERY happy with this load!  :oh:  :yeah: I may try V-140 or 150 when I run out of 4064 but I'm in no hurry. Not with results like this! I am by the way using Sierra 120 gr. Game Kings seated just behind the lands a couple thousanths. I'll say it again, "SHE"S A KEEPER!"  :cb2:

Offline 7bru

• Avid Poster
7mmBRM
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2004, 10:56:11 AM »
lazy1, thats why i was asking. I first tried the lighter bullets in my caliber with imr powders and got about the same accuracy out of every combination i tried. about 3/4 at 100 yards. went to vv n 160 and 160 grain bullets and ended up with basically one hole. they shoot a little slower than a 120 or 140 but at long range they really shine.  did you get the french gray finish?  bru

Offline lazyi

6.5 BRM
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2004, 03:31:53 PM »
Bru, I think for what I am doing 3/4 will have to do. I am hunting blacktail deer on the Oregon coast and they rarely go over 150 lbs. and if they do I still think the 120's will work fine. But I am planning a caribou hunt with a buddy of mine and by that time I hope to have a nice 140 grn. load worked up with VV powder using maybe Barnes triple shocks or another good quality bullet. But I need to burn this 4064 powder first!  :blaster:  And yes I went with a french grey reciever but a stainless barrel. It looks nice but not too nice and that is a good thing coz when they look too damn good ya feel bad takin em out in the field. Oooooh! I scratched it, waaaahhhhhh!!! :cry: Hehehehe! See ya, Ron.

Offline 7bru

• Avid Poster
7mmBRM
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2004, 03:02:21 AM »
Ron I know what you mean about good enough for the deer hunting. as long as you get a good killing shot it doesn't really matter how accurate your gun is.  and the powder, well i guess thats why I guess i have so many different pounds of half used powder. good luck and happy shooting.  BRU