Author Topic: Huntsman Muzzleloader Barrel  (Read 841 times)

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Huntsman Muzzleloader Barrel
« on: March 17, 2004, 12:14:24 PM »
I want to get back into muzzleloader hunting, and was thinking about ordering a Huntsman Muzzleloader Barrel for my Handi.  Anyone here have one?  I was think of using Pyrodex Pellets, and sabots.  Your feedback is appreciated.   :D
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline fast*eddie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 01:43:56 PM »
Why bother with the barrel when you can buy the Huntsman complete for $130 .  :roll:
Semper Fi !

Offline Jim M

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 03:06:25 PM »
I agree. For the little price difference and not having to send your receiver back it seem worthwhile to me to buy the whole gun.  I have a CVA staghorn and used 777 pellets in it and they work great and easy to clean. Never used pyrodex because 777 pellets came out before I needed them.  Good luck with your huntsman, I'm thinking about buying one and letting my grandson use my staghorn.

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 09:31:03 AM »
The best price I could get for a Huntsman here in Hawaii is $130 plus another $30 for shipping, plus $20.00 FFL transfer fee total $180.00.  Then there's the permit-to-acquire process that takes 20 days of awaiting if they don't loose your paperwork.  I can get the Huntsman barrel for $89.00 including shipping.  Besides my gunsafe is full, no room for another whole rifle.  I haven't shot blackpowder in 12 years so Pyrodex was state-of-the-art back then.  The 777 pellets look like the only way to go along with sabots, and jacketed bullets.  Thanks for the input guys.  :-)
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 11:04:26 AM »
Seeing that is your situation then I would go for the Huntsman barrel for sure...No sense wasting all that money.  Besides you could always pick up some other barrels to go with that Huntsman.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense