Author Topic: help me  (Read 582 times)

Offline fslflint

• Trade Count: (0)
help me
« on: March 22, 2004, 12:17:04 PM »
I have a New England Firearms handi-rifle in .243 and love it. as of late it has stopped ejecting the spent cartriges. the problem started about 60 rounds ago with one certain brand of brass. this brass had been reputed to not eject very well so I just took the rifle apart and manually pulled the caseing. no big deal. I thought that the chamber might be getting really dirty for some reason so I cleaned it. and while I was at it I gave the gun a real good cleaning and oiling. since I was inside the house I put an empty caseing in and it ejected it fine. I thought the problem was fixed. well, I took it to the range to zero in the new scope. I had bought some cheap ammo (hotshot) at a gun show to sight it in with and teach a friend how to shoot. the first round out of the box seemed to kick quite a bit extra. I opened up the action and it didn't eject. so I pulled it manually. the case was cracked and I guessed that it was double charged because of the extra recoil. so I moved onto the good ammo, guessing that it would eject the regular shells. it wouldn't and now I am pondering sending it back to the factory to get it checked. before I do that does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline like2shoot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
help me
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 02:44:18 PM »
What do the patches look like after cleaning the chamber ? Are they still discolored or are they clean ? On some rifles, it takes a long time to get the chamber clean. Try a search on this site and see some of the solutions that have worked for others. Good luck !
Shoot straight , shoot often.