Author Topic: NEF WARRANTY SERVICE IS GREAT!  (Read 914 times)

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
NEF WARRANTY SERVICE IS GREAT!
« on: March 18, 2004, 01:32:46 AM »
The 1st time I shot my new 7mm-08 Handi, all shots went off the target frame after about 6 rounds! Found that action lock up had loosened, so that a previously tight bbl/receiver was VERY wiggly (?), with a new air gap between bbl & receiver. No cleaning or change in closing technique would resolve it.
I sent the rifle directly back to NEF with all proof of date of purchase on , 3/1.
I got it back yesterday, after 2 weeks with a new bbl fitted and a copy of the test fire target.

I'm pleased with the response! :grin:
It looks like they bump warranty service to the top of the list, which is as it should be!

NOW I can get back to the serous business of working up loads! (after I get home from work, anyway)  :)
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 06:11:28 AM »
offhand
I agree.  I got my 223 Ultra and the foreend didn't match the buttstock.  I called NEF and told them my problem.  A couple days and emailed pics later I was notified the new one was on the way.  It came yesterday and looks great.  Kudo's to Gordon at NEF customer service.

He did tell me I should have not accepted the rifle but in CA we have to wait 10 days before we can pick them up anyway and I was tired of waiting.  I figured they'd be easier to deal with and they were.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Warthog

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 06:50:16 AM »
My .243 Ultra Varmint tumbled every weight of bullet I put through it, so I sent it back to the factory.  That was Feb 24th.  I'm still waiting.
Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger.  Right up until it kills you.

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 09:19:14 AM »
warthog
That is REALLY odd.  Must be something in the dia of the barrel, or maybe the crown was screwed up.  Was that checked?
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Warthog

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 01:57:35 PM »
Hi handirifle.  I suggested the crown issue in my note to them.  I called customer service late this afternoon and they told me it shipped yesterday.  Yeehaw!!!  I asked the lady I spoke with just what they did, and she told me they replaced the barrel latch and test fired it?!?!?!?   The lockup was tight and there was absolutely no lateral or vertical play when I sent the rifle in.  However, I'll keep an open mind and hope that was what was wrong.  I'm looking forward to getting it back and heading to the range.  I'll let you know how it works out.
Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger.  Right up until it kills you.

Offline raynor

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 04:49:03 AM »
offhand35,
Good to here your turn around time was so quick. Makes me feel better, seeing I sold it to you. Figured you'd be without it a couple months at least.

Be nice to know which one's will end up being problem guns (before they go out the door)  No way of knowing!  Was thinking of keeping that one myself (being a laminated stock) then decided I couldn't keep everything that came in. Hopefully it turns out to be a shooter. ~~ raynor

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 03:24:28 AM »
Thanks, RAYNOR!
I'm not unhappy about any of this, especially since all that's been said on this forum really shows that the company DOES come through and for the most part interacts well with their customers!
When I get out there with the 7mm-08 again, I'll post a range report....
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!