Author Topic: No shoot the new toys today  (Read 590 times)

Offline James B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
No shoot the new toys today
« on: March 20, 2004, 07:38:38 PM »
Well cold and winds up to 60 MPH today. Needless to say no shooting. I mounted an old 6X on the 45-70 just to try it out. Have not settled on a Permanent choice yet. Just a good North Dakota breez. The forecast said breezy. I QUESS BREEZY!!!. :eek:
shot placement is everything.

Offline nipprdog

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 03:30:36 AM »
its been very windy the last 3 weekends here also. :x

had to take some time off friday to get some range time while the winds were down to 5-10. :grin:

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 09:36:23 AM »
Same here today in Northern NY James. I was ready to take the new muzzleloader and my  ultra 25-06 to the range today. Snowing quite hard here got about 7 inches since this morning. Oh well maybe next weekend
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 10:10:01 AM »
Still cruddy here in Western NY also...Very windy and cold here right now and there is still snow on the ground to boot...No shooting to be done this weekend and it looks like next weekend is booked up too.  The baby's room must come first...Then I can play...The honey do list grows daily though.  Will it ever get done?  :wink:
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 10:15:01 AM »
Pretty decent day here today. calm winds and about 40 degrees. I went out to the range and there was the whole damn city out there. You can forget going to the range here on a decent Saturday or Sunday We are supposed to have some nice days this week so I will go out on a week day. I am no longer bothered by that pesky thing they call work. I retired three and a half years ago. I retired about ten years early do to a disability but I have improved enough to go out shooting and fishing. I can't walk to far to fast but as long as I don't have to hurry I do pretty good. Seem to be improving a little more all the time. Well good luck shooting guys. Spring has to be close as the geese are swarming through here by the tens of thousands. Snow geese all over the place. :grin:
shot placement is everything.