Author Topic: extra barrels  (Read 870 times)

Offline legacy38

• Trade Count: (0)
extra barrels
« on: March 23, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
Have any of you sent your shotguns back in for barrels in other guages?  I have a .410 bore Pardner, and I am considering sending it in for a 20ga and possibly a 28ga.

For those that have sent theirs back, what was the turn around time and do you have to use FFL for shipping?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
extra barrels
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 10:55:15 AM »
I haven't sent in a shotgun but have sent in rifles for shotgun barrels and rifles for rifle barrels. No FFL is required, I suggest sending it USPS Priority mail with Delivery Confirmation and they should have in within 3-4  days maximum from anywhere in the lower 48. Insurance is up to you if you desire, not a bad option though. Turn-around time does vary with time of year and if the barrel(s) you want are available. Average time is probably 5-8 weeks, on ocassion 4 weeks and sometimes 12 weeks!!....<><.... :eek: (if your trigger is very heavy or just otherwise lousy make sure you ask for a trigget job when it's there, it's free, just tell them how heavy and lousy it is and ask them to check and adjust it.)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
extra barrels
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 11:02:59 AM »
I have sent in shotgun receivers in the past to have other shotgun barrels fitted.  I sent in my SB2 10GA receiver in and had the 12GA Ultra Slugger barrel fitted to it.  It took between 3 and 4 weeks from the time I shipped it to the time it was returned to me...Not too long of a wait compared to some.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
extra barrels
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 02:52:14 PM »
I've sent my Tracker II in for  a 28" mod and a 32" full 12ga. barrels. Took about 4 weeks, Jan to Feb of this year.  I still have yet to shoot one of the new barrels, though.
I hope to take the 32" trap shooting on Sat.
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline Xplorer

• Trade Count: (0)
extra barrels
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 06:08:18 AM »
I sent in one of my receivers last May for a 20GA ultra slug barrel, and it took 9 weeks (they were extremely busy at this time, and they had a 1 week shutdown in there also).  I sent the same receiver back in this past Jan, for a 12Ga 24" turkey barrel, and I had it back in less than 4 weeks.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
extra barrels
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 11:30:16 AM »
Send your stocked receiver and forend, w/no barrel, direct.  No FFL dealer needed to return to factory.  I suggest US Postal Service as suggested above.  Mine took 5 weeks (this year) including shipping both ways.