Author Topic: Sen. Rand Paul: DOJ Sits on Criminal Referral for Fauci 'Lie'  (Read 343 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/rand-paul-criminal-referral-lie-anthony-fauci/2023/07/30/id/1129025/

By Eric Mack    |   Sunday, 30 July 2023 04:01 PM EDT

Over two years ago, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., sent a criminal referral to President Joe Biden's Justice Department alleging Dr. Anthony Fauci lied to Congress about gain-of-function research.

This weekend Paul shared the direct evidence for Fauci's alleged lie to Congress, as proven in his own email to fellow Health and Human Services staff Feb. 1, 2020.

"This directly contradicts everything he said in committee hearing to me, denying absolutely that they funded any gain of function, and it's absolutely a lie," Paul tweeted Saturday. "That's why I sent an official criminal referral to the DOJ."

The email accompanying Paul's tweet quotes Fauci as saying there were "suspicions" by "several highly credible scientists" that there were "mutations" of the COVID-19 virus that "would be most unusual to have evolved naturally."

"The suspicion was heightened by the fact scientists in Wuhan University are known to have been working on gain-of-function experiments to determine the molecular mechanisms associated with bat viruses adapting to human infection, and the outbreak originated in Wuhan," Fauci wrote in the Feb. 1, 2020 email passage highlighted in yellow in the post.

There is no word on what action the Biden Justice Department might have taken now or since July 2021, when it was first reported Paul had officially sought a DOJ criminal referral for Fauci's alleged lie to Congress.

Newsmax reached out to the DOJ with a request for comment and have not yet heard back.

In an extensive April interview with The New York Times Magazine, Fauci pointed to an issue of semantics in his denials of gain-of-function research, admitting it has to be allowed by law.

"You have to have a totally transparent process that involves scientific input and community input — informed community input," Fauci told The Times. "Because if you do what some people are saying we should do and shut down all gain-of-function research, you've got to make clear what you're talking about.

"What do you mean by 'gain of function?' Some want to pass a law: All gain-of-function should be stopped. But if all gain-of-function stops, you will have no vaccines for flu. You will have no vaccines for any of the other diseases, because all of that manipulates a virus or a pathogen to gain a certain function to be able to make a vaccine.

"So first of all, we've got to do a better job of getting people to understand what gain-of-function is. So when Rand Paul asked me, did you fund gain-of-function research in Wuhan? I said, absolutely not. So if you and I talk about gain of function, David, we better define what we're talking about, because we're going to confuse the crap out of everybody."

Paul argued against Fauci's "word salad guidance" denials of having lied to him in congressional testimony.

"Dr. Fauci still claims it isn't 'gain-of-function' research because the scientists didn't know in advance that the newly created virus would be enhanced or more deadly," Paul wrote in a November 2021 op-ed, alleging the National Institutes of Health changed the "gain of function" definition to cover up Fauci's alleged lie. "But isn't that the very purpose of the experiment to see if the newly created virus has gained function?

"Under Dr. Fauci's convoluted definition, no experiment, no matter how deadly the combination, would be considered 'gain-of-function' unless the scientists knew in advance that the combination would lead to enhanced lethality.

"Under Dr. Fauci's word salad guidance no experiment combining viruses would ever be denied funding.

"The NIH's old and newly altered website admits that the NIH funds 'gain-of-function' research but that it needs to be 'conducted in very high biosecurity laboratories.' But we can't even get to the question of whether the Wuhan lab was secure because Dr. Fauci won't admit that 'gain-of-function' research even occurred."

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Fauci: 'Something Clearly Went Wrong' With COVID Response
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 11:41:35 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/us/covid-19-anthony-fauci-pandemic/2023/04/25/id/1117452/

By Eric Mack    |   Tuesday, 25 April 2023 01:32 PM EDT

A reflective Dr. Anthony Fauci is now admitting "something clearly went wrong" in the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Fauci indirectly blames capitalism, the U.S. healthcare system, "counterproductive" aspects of the "sometimes-beautiful independent streak" in the U.S., and anti-vaxxers for the poor results during the pandemic on his watch, in an exhaustive Q&A interview for The New York Times Magazine.

"Something clearly went wrong," Fauci told the Times' David Wallace-Wells, a climate-change journalist. "And I don't know exactly what it was. But the reason we know it went wrong is that we are the richest country in the world, and on a per-capita basis we've done worse than virtually all other countries.

"And there's no reason that a rich country like ours has to have 1.1 million deaths. Unacceptable."

As for the origins of COVID-19, Fauci contends gain-of-function research in Wuhan, China, could not have caused the pandemic, saying, "You could have taken a virus and serially passaged it" from "in your kitchen; you don't need to do engineering."

"What gets conflated is that the NIH funded them; therefore you are liable for the lab leak if it's a lab leak," Fauci said.

"It had nothing to do with what we did, because the viruses were unable to be made into SARS-CoV-2."

Fauci admitted the blame on him for the pandemic got to him.

"Now you're saying things that are a little bit troublesome to me: That I need to go to bed tonight worrying that NIH-funded research was responsible for pandemic origins," Fauci said.

The freedom of thought and opinion is only "sometimes-beautiful," according to Fauci, admitting mandating vaccination actually forced more people to reject it.

"Almost paradoxically, you had people who were on the fence about getting vaccinated thinking, Why are they forcing me to do this?" Fauci said. "And that sometimes-beautiful independent streak in our country becomes counterproductive. And you have that smoldering anti-science feeling, a divisiveness that's palpable politically in this country."

Also, the healthcare system and racial disparities failed America, Fauci said.

"It has to do with the fracturing of our healthcare delivery system in this country," he said. "We have let the local public-health and healthcare delivery system really suffer attrition.

"And the health disparities — racial and ethnic health disparities — every country has a little bit of that, but we really have a lot of it."

Ultimately, economics in America hurt the response, Fauci lamented.

"When you look around, nobody did great, except maybe one or two countries — most everybody did poorly," he said. "Even those countries that had no political divisiveness the way we had, they did poorly. There were gaps and inadequacies in both preparedness and response that varied among different nations."

"I certainly think things could have been done differently — and better — on both sides," he added. "I mean, anybody who thinks that what we or anybody else did was perfect is not looking at reality. Nothing was done perfectly."

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Sen. Rand Paul: DOJ Sits on Criminal Referral for Fauci 'Lie'
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 12:04:23 PM »
There's as much of a chance of Fauci going to jail, as is Hunter Biden going to jail.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 05:50:04 PM »
I don't think Fauci should go to jail.  He should be made to take one of those Covid shots every freaking week--a full dose--not a booster.  If that doesn't work, give him a Covid virus every week for a year, or so.
Swingem

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 06:31:02 PM »
:)

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 06:09:49 PM »
And whatever it took to finance the enhancement of lethal viruses.
Swingem

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2023, 06:39:04 AM »

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2023, 07:33:27 AM »
     I'd bet Fauci  has never taken   the jab .