Author Topic: knee operation  (Read 268 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
knee operation
« on: August 01, 2023, 06:55:33 PM »
they let go home. ended up they didnt have to redo the whole thing. when he cut me open the knee cap fell out. apparently the glue let go. so all he had to do was clean it up and re epoxy (or whatever they use) hurts like hell though. i slept in the chair till 1230am and had to get up. probably would be so bad if i wasnt so stubborn and would use narcotics but i hate that crap (or lack of it) had my fill of operations for this year. half way through the year and already #4.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: knee operation
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 04:11:51 AM »
I think I'm done with operations for the rest of whatever life I have left. Just gonna try to make all these barely working parts keep working well enough to get thru to the end. Might not be successful in that plan but it's my plan anyway.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 04:36:36 AM »
Not a bad plan at that. May the Lord walk with you.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 04:40:57 AM »
i wish i could make that claim. my bod is just to busted up and its either keep fighting or give up and be in a wheelchair.
blue lives matter

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 05:22:29 AM »
Sorry to hear of all the health issues going
around
Hopefully everyone will make a recovery
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 09:42:58 AM »
I've been in a wheelchair and it sucks. Took two shots a couple weeks apart to the spine to get me back up and walking again. That was in late 2016. Been walking ever since tho admittedly not all that well sometimes.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 10:20:01 AM »
Never been in a wheelchair. Canes, crutches, and a walker. 5 knee surgeries between my 2 bad knees. Some days I limp pretty bad, some days hardly at all.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2023, 12:56:29 AM »
I don't want to respond in case its contagious...

I am still in recovery (<90-days) following total knee replacement #1 and the spouse is suggesting that I talk to them about knee #2.  With that major surgery "pain and suffering" fresh in my mind (the torniquet and lower calf stabilization hurt worse than the incision), I am loath to go through that again so soon.

I am sorry for you lloyd that the glue didn't hold the old/new pad to the backside of the kneecap, and they had to open you up again.  That can't be good for you or your knee.  I hope you have a speedy return to walking upright (without pain) and sleeping horizontal again.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2023, 01:00:25 AM »
knees are a sob. hips are a cake walk in comparison. the ankle repacement was a real bugger too. knees and ankles were more painfull to me then even a back fusion
I don't want to respond in case its contagious...

I am still in recovery (<90-days) following total knee replacement #1 and the spouse is suggesting that I talk to them about knee #2.  With that major surgery "pain and suffering" fresh in my mind (the torniquet and lower calf stabilization hurt worse than the incision), I am loath to go through that again so soon.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2023, 02:37:44 AM »
I think I'm done with operations for the rest of whatever life I have left. Just gonna try to make all these barely working parts keep working well enough to get thru to the end. Might not be successful in that plan but it's my plan anyway.

Three acquaintances, all 3 a little older than me had knee replacements. All three were tickled with the results. All three went on to contract milder forms of cancer. The kemo drove their immune systems down and their bodies rejected their knee replacement.
All 3 died of infection. I also knew a woman that was a lifelong friend of Linda's who had 3 replacements by a well known doctor, and none worked.

I know most do fine. Linda has had 2 total knee replacements and has done fine. But some don't.

I'm with Bill on this one. I'll try and tough it out.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline moamonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2023, 04:22:06 AM »
Well, I’m 63, had a few surgeries, both shoulders and an elbow. Got some slight knee soreness, hips give me trouble most days (think it’s more muscular) and lower back issues. Don’t go to the doctor about it because I know surgery would be their goal, necessary or not. I still do some cycling when I can and it seems to help; keeps things moving. My biggest health fear is my mind. Both parents developed dementia and I’m sure I’ll go down that path too.