Author Topic: Camo Patterns???  (Read 682 times)

Offline Gratman

• Trade Count: (0)
Camo Patterns???
« on: March 24, 2004, 11:17:32 AM »
I know everyone has their favorite, but I have not heard anyone comment much on their favorite camo pattern.  I know it is all regional, but how about a spot check of what folks use, and what you have bought that seems to be the best quality.    I recently bought some of the "Brush Country Camo" for a texas hunt, and it was a great match to South Texas brush......here in SE Missouri , I use a combo of Shadow Grass, and Bushlan...(brown).....what am I missing?  Anything new??

Gratman
Gratman

...and remember....all plumbing is temporary...

Offline Scottyluck

Camo Patterns???
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 06:24:13 AM »
Here in CT I use mostly Realtree. Hardwoods green and Advantage timber in the early and mid season and RT Hardwoods grey and some Mossy Oak breakup in the mid to late season. It mostly depends on where I'm hunting and what type of cover I'll have.

Offline Bushnell Boy

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.hotspothunting.com/common/showsite.asp?dovend=0&id=29555
Camo Patterns???
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 07:46:14 AM »
Aroung KC,Mo I use 3D ilussion for spring turkey and for fall hunts ( deer and Turkey) I use Mossy Oak forrest floor. For Waterfowl I usually use shadow grass.
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

Two roads diverged in a wood, and --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Camo Patterns???
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 03:48:30 PM »
Personally; I would like to get some of the camo my grandson is now wearing for the US Marines.
   Yes they have the "chocolate chip" pattern for desert warfare that we see every day on the news now; however....
   They have a recent development in woodland  camo. The new camo is a computer designed pattern and the Marines call them 'digital" pattern.
   They have been so designed as to work well in any woodland/ grassland environment.
   It was headlined on the History Channel a couple months ago, and I guess it works VERY well.
   Perhaps some active duty Marines can add more info/ experience...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline NYH1

Camo Patterns???
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 03:49:58 PM »
ironglow, you can get the Marines new camo if you want. I saw it on a web sight the other day. If you want I'll try to find it again, it might of been soldiercity.com.

I use Realtree Hardwoods. Where I hunt its pretty gray and the Hardwoods pattern works good.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Avid Poster
Camo Patterns???
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 10:10:38 PM »
Pants and shirt available separately or as a set,
green or desert colors:

Digital camo
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Camo Patterns???
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 01:18:45 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys...I may just wait to see if my grandson can get them at his PX  ...or do the Marines call their store the BX, or maybe the ship's store?
  C'mon you leathernecks, clue me in!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BamBams

Camo Patterns???
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 03:43:04 PM »
My two favorites are:

1) Urban Camo
2) Black

Ohhh....you mean for hunting?

Blue Jeans!  *smiles*

I just wish I could find a good source for reasonably priced Urban Camo. Grrrrrrr.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jaycocreek

• Avid Poster
Camo Patterns???
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 03:28:36 AM »
Howdy-I use Hardwoods and the old Military camo.The only real reason I wear them at all is for the cargo pockets and they are very comfy.In the winter it is easy to put some sweat pants under them for warmth.

Best of luck.Jayco.
I didn''t do it and whoever said I did is lieing!!

Offline BruceOnline

Camo Patterns???
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 06:44:54 AM »
I'm with you Jayco!:D   Army woodland camo BDU's for sure.  And I wear a cover, not a hat.  As far as quality goes, you will never ever beat it.  One of the kids last season pointed me out and announced to the camp what a great pattern that was and asked where did I get it.  Told him the surplus store.  He asked what was a surplus store.  

I have a pair of XL long Army cold weather pants without the liner if anybody is interested in a trade.  8)

Didja ever notice that the BDU's that seemed to be drycleaned and starched always had more broken and missing buttons? :wink:

Hey, I just noticed the speelchekc feature at the bottom of the window.  Preety kool.