Author Topic: [Q/A] - [ANSWERED] Posting a Letter From MS Word  (Read 15896 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
[Q/A] - [ANSWERED] Posting a Letter From MS Word
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:24:44 AM »
Graybeard: I have written a letter for people that want to send one to NEF/H&R.  The problem is I can't figure out how to post it.  How do I get it from MS Works to a post in the forum.  Sourdough
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
[Q/A] - [ANSWERED] Posting a Letter From MS
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »
Copy and paste.

To copy go to your MS Word file and place your cursor at the start or end of letter. Press and hold your left mouse button. Sweep it across and up or down the page according to where you started. This will high light the text of message.

Now press your right mouse button. This will bring up an option box. Select COPY. This will store the letter temporarily. Now go to the message text box in the forums. With your cursor blinking where you want to drop the text again click on the right mouse button for the options box. This time select PASTE. This will put your chosen text where you want it to go. This works no matter where you are copying and pasting from.

Quick Keys:

Ctrl + A = Select All - will select everything on a page or in a text box
Ctrl + C = Copy - Copy Selected items to clipboard
Ctrl + V = Paste - Paste Clipboard contents
Ctrl + Z = Undo - Undo your last action
Ctrl + F = Find - Bring up the Find window if program has one
Ctrl + X = Delete - Delete Selected items or text
Ctrl + N = New Window (IE6)- Open a new IE window from the page you are on
Ctrl + L = Open URL (IE6) - Allows you to type a URL to open

You can also press and hold the CRTL key and then press the "C" key to do the copy after you've high lighted it. Some times this is the ONLY option that will work but most times it is easier to do it the other way. If you use the CRTL C to copy use CRTL V to paste.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!